mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No Playback"

Posted on: September 26, 2008 @ 11:05 AM
JSDrums
Total Posts:  242
Joined  04-08-2005

I recently had my Yamaha Motif XS-7 hooked up to the computer (via USB) so that I can do MIDI recording in Sonar 7 PE. Yesterday, things were working just fine. Today, however, I am not able to hear anything on playback. I can hear the keyboard with appropriate sounds and voices going through the speakers with the meters in Sonar jumping. However, when I play what had been recorded, there is nothing even though the meters are jumping. This includes “Room For Clarity” which comes with Sonar. Somehow, I am missing a simple setting.

I’ve got the MIDI IN set for Omni and MIDI OUT set for the XS-7.

Also, one of the previously recorded projects (which is all audio), doesn’t play back at all. I can’t start the cursor (or, is that what one would call the “transport”?). I can move the cursor around but when I hit “play”, nothing happens.

Yes, I have tried rebooting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2008 @ 06:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: No Playback

Don’t know if you solved this or not but its sounds like you do not have AUDIO setup in SONAR. Go to Options and make sure you have AUDIO setup properly.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Channel problems
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››