mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "footboard for patch change use"

Posted on: September 24, 2008 @ 11:04 AM
heros57
Total Posts:  10
Joined  09-24-2008

Hi , I just got a Motif es rack unit . I am using the Axon AX100mk2 to trigger the sounds with a Godin LGXT guitar . I need a floor board that can change patches for me. I am very new to this kind of gear and it would be nice if I could label a button sax ,,piano ,, bass ,, violin ,, etc. Just step on the button and have whatever instrument I want . I’m a bluegrass performer . Never ,,never have I had so much fun playing guitar and sounding like ?/?// ,,whatever I want to,, thanks to the quality that went into the Motif gear !! I tried the E-mu Pk2 and I’ve had some Roland stuff . But , this is the real deal ..
So , please direct me to the thread I can’t find for the easiest floorboard patch changer and be ready to spoonfeed any info such as midi advice ,,etc, To get it up and running as painless as possible ,,,,,,Thanks for being here ,,Don / dghogan at verizon dot net ......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2008 @ 01:15 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: footboard for patch change use

Hey, Heros… Welcom to Motifator!

I am kinda partial to the Behringer FCB1010… It can do more than just change patches for you, and is fairly inexpensive, and easy to find used (I bought mine at Play It Again for less than $100...) Then upgrade it to to FCB UNO firmware.

The Gordius Little Giant Module is just INSANELY flexible.  It works in conjunction with the 1010.  I wish I could afford one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2008 @ 03:30 AM
heros57
Joined  09-24-2008

Thanks for the reply and the welcome ....How do they hook up to the rack ? I thought it would have an input on the back for a sustain pedal or a controller pedal but it doesn’t . The only inputs are USB and Midi in . I’m already using midi in .?????????  Thanks Don

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2008 @ 10:19 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

I hook mine in with a MIDI MERGER. 

Controller goes to INPUT A of the merger, FCB goes into INPUT B of the merger, OUTPUT of the merger goes to the MIDI IN of the Rack.

I think with the FCB you can just set the MIDI OUT to be a THRU port, so whatever is on the FCB’s IN goes right back OUT.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2008 @ 01:52 PM
heros57
Joined  09-24-2008

Thanks Tony ,,I’ll see what their selling for on line ...Don

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2008 @ 10:27 AM
heros57
Joined  09-24-2008

What about the Yamaha MFC10 ? It looks like it’s built like a tank ,,good reviews ,, a little more expensive and is there any advantage,(ease of use), because it is also Yamaha ..???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2008 @ 02:43 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

Hi, I looked at the PDF manuals of Behringer, Yamaha and Roland FC300 units when I was looking at a Foot Controller.

I settled on the Roland, primarily because it looked the most flexible and it was the only one from looking at the manual that I was sure that it could do what I wanted.

So, I’ve had the Roland for three months and my experience of it is very positive. Build quality is good, as it’s based on the same pedals and controllers used by the Boss GT Pedal boards. It does everything I want, including having multiple functions assigned to each switch/pedal, and it also takes additional pedals and switches if you need them (I needed a third pedal).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2008 @ 07:51 AM
heros57
Joined  09-24-2008

Thanks Derek ,,,I already bought the Yamaha pedal .  I thought it might work better because both units are Yamaha . Probably didn’t matter though . I just got a great deal on a new demo unit . It will be here thurs. so we’ll see ... Thanks for the post ....Don

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2008 @ 08:24 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

No problem, my automatic choice first of all was to go for a Yamaha product (I have a bit of Yamaha bias), however I was in a rush to get a good controller, and for once a Roland manual was clear whereas the Yamaha manual wasn’t!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2008 @ 03:53 PM
killerisme
Total Posts:  24
Joined  10-19-2008

Tony told a good thing, if you have a MIDI merger it’s ok, but with the Behringer FCB1010 you can already set the MERGE function to the MIDI OUT, so you can plug you master controller in MIDI IN and the foot controller will send both notes and patch changes merged to the MIDI OUT.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Drum Sound
Next Topic:

USB NOT WORKING? ››