mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need a secondary keyboard for travel purposes."

Posted on: September 15, 2008 @ 04:59 AM
SoulLife
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-15-2008

I’ve been eyeing the Mo6 and the Mm6 for sometimes now. It’s a given that the Mo6 is vastly more powerful compared to the Mm6.

But my question is: Is there anything in the Mm6 we won’t find in the Mo6 (besides the packaged Cubase LE). Just curious…

I need something lightweight to take around with me. Both boards fit the bill nicely.

I almost picked up the Mm6 the other day because of the “ease of use”. Thought it might help with gigs and such. But, I don’t want to regret passing up getting Mo6 when I have the chance.

Anyways, is there anything we won’t be getting in Mo6 that is in Mm6 (besides the simple OS and packaged Cubase LE)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

Re: Need a secondary keyboard for travel purposes.

I have both and my analysis is this:

MM6

Pros: It is Very light.

Cons: Everything else about it

MO6

Cons: It is not as light as the MM6

Pros: Everything else.

If you plan to play live, do yourself a favor and get the MO.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2008 @ 05:02 AM
ahayes21
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-09-2008

Re: Need a secondary keyboard for travel purposes.

I’m a guitar player turned to keys for the sake of my band (you can’t cover Floyd and The Who without it). Anyways, I’m looking to buy my first synth/workstation, but price is definitely a factor. I’m having trouble getting passed a non-weighted 61-key board, but at my price point it looks like that’s what I’m looking at. I already have a P70 which I bought to learn on, and I like the action on that. My question is (again I’m new to this), is it possible to connect my P70 to either the MM6 or MO6? I want the sounds of the MM6 or MO6, but I want to play them with the action of a full 88 key hammer action keyboard. Thoughts?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mm8 midi
Next Topic:

Extract styles from MM6 ››