mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Studio Setup Help!!!"

Posted on: September 12, 2008 @ 07:04 PM
MOmoney
Total Posts:  20
Joined  01-04-2008

Hi all! I have a MO6, MPC4000, Tascam US-428 pc interface, Sonar 4 Producer edition, and a LTO AMX-100 10 channel mixer… I have absolutley no clue where to start!

I want to use the MO6 for all synth and key sounds, and the MPC stricly for drums and sampling… What’s the first thing I need to do, where do I start??? Someone please help a lost soul… Thanks in advance!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2008 @ 04:53 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: Studio Setup Help!!!

Wow.  That’s kinda a tall request.  You have an awful lot of hardware for someone who doesn’t know what to do with it… /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

If I were you, I’d start slow.  One bite of the elephant at a time.

Get your MO6 working with Sonar via (I asume) . 

I *think* the Tascam US-428 might be redundant given you’re using SONAR, but since I don’t have much experience on that side, I’m not sure ‘bout that.

After you get your MO working, then get the MPC working.

I’m assuming you’re gonna use the ALTO as an analog instrument / vocal mixer.  If so, get that working last. 

Once you know the details of how SONAR relates to each of those components individually, it’s much easier understanding how to get them working with each other via SONAR.

As far as “where to start” in getting each of those working, the SONAR manuals have sections dealing with exactly that question. 

SONAR PE is a complex beast; don’t lose sight of your objective by getting lost in the forest of bells and whistles....

[ Ignore ]