mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playing multiple voices + arpeggiator and drumloop"

Posted on: September 05, 2008 @ 12:02 AM
TimeClypse
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-04-2006

I have the following problem.
When using pattern mode, i want to let the drum play a percussion loop (using a DR1/2/3/4 preset). This is quite easy and i can select the drum loop in the ‘patch’ screen.

On top of that, i want to play a hammond organ and a guitar with arpeggiator simultaneously. To make it even more difficult, i want to try and use the modulation wheel on the organ ONLY.

Is it even possible to play two sounds at the same time in pattern mode? And how to let the modwheel work on the organ only? As far as i know should it be possible to layer multiple voices (in performance mode it is no problem at all).

Hope someone can help me out! Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2008 @ 05:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Playing multiple voices + arpeggiator and drumloop

When using pattern mode, i want to let the drum play a percussion loop (using a DR1/2/3/4 preset). This is quite easy and i can select the drum loop in the ‘patch’ screen.

On top of that, i want to play a hammond organ and a guitar with arpeggiator simultaneously. To make it even more difficult, i want to try and use the modulation wheel on the organ ONLY.

Is it even possible to play two sounds at the same time in pattern mode? And how to let the modwheel work on the organ only? As far as i know should it be possible to layer multiple voices (in performance mode it is no problem at all).

This is very possible in PATTERN mode. Here’s how:

Place the sounds you want to use in a MIXING setup.
For example, say your Drums on in PART 1, your Organ sound is in PART 2 and your Guitar is in PART 3.

Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select [1] to view PART edit parameters
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] MODE
Set PART 1 = MIDI Channel 1
Set PART 2 = MIDI Channel 2
Set PART 3 = MIDI Channel 2
This will allow you to play both the Organ and Guitar when you select Track Select [2]

Set the ARP SWITCH = ON for the Guitar in PART 3

You can COPY in the ARPEGGIOS for the Guitar from VOICE mode or simply assign them as necessary.

To COPY them you use the [JOB] > [F3] COPY
Set the TYPE = PART 3
Set the TYPE = ARP

Press [SF3] LIMIT to set any split points you need if you want to keep the organ and guitar separate (that is up to you)
There will be two split points you will have to deal with…
1) is the split point for the PART
2) is the split point for the ARPEGGIO

Say you want to control the guitar arpeggio with your left hand and play the organ with your right.

On the [SF3] LIMIT screen set the ORGAN in PART 2 to
Note Limit H = G8
Note LImit L = C3

Set the GUITAR in PART 3 to
Note Limit H = B2
Note Limit L = C-2

Remember: You must select TRACK 2 to hear both the Organ and Guitar simultaneously.

You will notice the guitar is probably too low in pitch to be useful - so lets NOTE SHIFT it up an Octave or two.... here’s how: Select Track [3] (guitar)
Press [F4] TONE
Press [SF1] TUNE
A setting of +12 will bring it up and octave
A setting of +24 will bring it up two octaves

But notice now notes in the right hand side of the keyboard are still triggering the Guitar arpeggio. This is because we have not yet set the ARPEGGIO Split point

Press [COMMON] a/k/a the DrumKits/Favorites button
Press [F3] ARP
While here in COMMON Edit you can setup and tweak everything about the Arpeggios you are going to assign to the Guitar…
Press [SF2] LIMIT
Set the ARPEGGIO Note Limit = C-2 ~ B2
This will mean only notes on the left side of the keyboard will trigger the arpeggios.

Now about the Mod Wheel:

Press Track Select [1] to view PART edit parameters again.
Press [SF5] RCV SW (Receive Switch)
Clear the box for MW for PARTS 1 and 3 - this will mean the Drums and the Guitar will ignore the Modulation Wheel… while the Organ responds.

Name and [STORE] you PATTERN setup…
And make sure you SAVE it to USB drive or SmartMedia Card in an ALL data (.W7A) or ALL PATTERN file…

In order to play this you must select Track 2 as track 2 is transmitting to both PARTS 2 and 3

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2009 @ 07:51 PM
mission
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-10-2008

Re: Playing multiple voices + arpeggiator and drumloop

BAD MISTER FOR PRESIDENT!!

another elusive (new to motif) problem i was having was one sound at a time…

search proves beneficial again

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XG to GM with motif
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››