mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting up Motif ES Rack with Cubase LE"

Posted on: September 04, 2008 @ 07:30 PM
Bggg
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-04-2008

Hi ppl, well as you can see from the title that i have posted under i guess most of you can guess that i’m a total Newb at this and i need all the help i can get so here i go.

Just recently bought a Motif ES rack that came with Cubase LE.  I want to start recording using my Motif Rack on Cubase asap but no idea on how or where to start.  I’ve installed the Motif and Cubase software installation CD and I’m using a M-audio Radium 49 midi keyboard.

If anybody can guide me to set it up that would be much appreciated or if there is some sort of guide or manual already online somewhere if you let me know that would be great.  Basically i’m looking for the most simplest and detail guide out there.  The manual that came with the Rack does tell you much.

All the help appreciated ppl.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2008 @ 07:52 PM
cfinn
Total Posts:  143
Joined  11-15-2007

Re: Setting up Motif ES Rack with Cubase LE

Hi Bggg,

hey welcome to the forum
I am no expert but this might point in the right direction for now.
first thing you need to install the cubase script which will allow you to add the rack es to cubase and then allow you to select the various factory rack es voices from cubase to use.
You can download it from this site at the Motifmart.
Select FILES/SOFTWARE then page down to Cubase.
Select or right click on........
Download the Cubase Script file for the Motif Rack ES (right click > Save As) .

Follow these instructions where to install in win :
*Using W2K or XP?
Put your script in the following directory: X:Documents and SettingsadminApplication DataSteinbergCubase SXScriptsPatchnames. (Substitute X for the drive letter containing your Docs and Settings. It’s a hidden folder).

Go to: (In Windows) Explorer, menu Tools, FolderOptions, tab View, and select Files and Folders, Hidden Files and Folders, and select Show Hidden files and folders. Your Application Data should show up now.

Then you need to add the rack es as a device in cubase.

Now follow the cubase le manual in section - setting up your system (Setting up MIDI).
Its pretty straight forward to at least get the rack es setup and working via cubase.
You need to read a little bit to understand and a bit of trial n error to learn.
See how you go, good luck

You can also download the cubase le manual from here :
[url=http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/manual/english.php]http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/manual/english.php [/url]

chris

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Spdif
Next Topic:

Patch Change in Multi Mode... ››