mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling from a CD"

Posted on: August 27, 2008 @ 02:47 PM
musicwonderoftheworld
Total Posts:  87
Joined  07-16-2008

Could someone tell me what cable i need to hook into the A/D input of my motif and cd player...i want to try to do some sampling...but i’m not sure what i need to do...or how to hook it up...i’ve asked this b4 in another fourm but no1 has responded back to me...sorry but i’m new to this whole sampling procedure....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2008 @ 04:02 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Re: Sampling from a CD

What kind of CD player do you have? That will determine the type of cable you need.

If it’s a portable player, you need a cable with 1/8” stereo plug to two 1/4” mono plugs.

If it’s a component player, you need two RCA to 1/4” mono plug cables.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 11:21 AM
trifidmaster
Total Posts:  419
Joined  02-20-2006

Re: Sampling from a CD

Yeah, that is all what you need for the connection, but I would go differently - for me the below described way is easier.

I believe you have an audio/sample CD. Use you computer and your Cubase and rip the requested track from the CD.

Once done, save that track as audio file.

Next: you can do (cut, normalize, loop, etc...) whatever you want with that audio file on your computer and once done you can simply load the “finished” audio sample(s) to your XS via USB.
Not difficult and rather fast.

Hope this helps.
trif.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting started with sampling
Next Topic:

full space or momory ››