mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bossa Nova Track in Performance mode?"

Posted on: August 27, 2008 @ 12:15 PM
musiklyrik
Total Posts:  29
Joined  08-27-2008

Want to have a bossa nova arpeggio on drums in performance mode. I cant find “Bossa” in the DrPc list. Is there one, named something else, or one to use that is similar?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2008 @ 12:39 PM
musiklyrik
Joined  08-27-2008

Re: Bossa Nova Track in Performance mode?

30 views and no replies? Is this a topic more motifriends are intrested in to know the answer of?

Still hoping for answers....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2008 @ 11:57 AM
Chris music prod
Total Posts:  42
Joined  07-20-2005

Well, just read your post. The Motif (rack) ES isn’t quite designed for a Bossa solely. When I’m looking for some specific drumarp I “scroll” through all drumarps - and that is not in performance mood. As you’ve got 64 drumkits and so many arps in DrPC, (and one kit can change the feel of an arp from another kit), I think you have to do this tough scrolling. Maybe the closest to Bossa will be found under jazzkit, (arp 177, 181, 391, 392 or the latin arps from somewhere around 400 and up), but some arps doesn’t work well with some kits...so you have to try different kits.

Do you know how to “scroll” through the arps?
If not:
1. push the shift-button + voice at the same time. This will take you to the drumkits.

2.Turn the jogwheel to a kit.

3. press shift+ the arpeggio-button= opens your little “screen” and shows category, type, tempo etc.

4.Press the arpeggiobutton so it’ll be lighten= your arps are ready to sound when hitting a key on your contr.Keyboard.

5. use the up- and down-arrows. (selecting type/tempo)

6. Scroll through “types"= the different arps. Listen, judge and select/write down what you want for verse/fills/chorus…

...because you can create an own performance...but for this - read the manual.
Sometimes I use the Racks drumarps but I must say that I prefer a software -EZ drummer...but I never perform on stage, I’m songwriting and make demos which means I record track by track and have time to think about arranging.
Hope this will help you a bit…
//Chris.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2008 @ 01:02 AM
musiklyrik
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks Chris. Your additional tutorial was even better!

I dislike computer on stage. My ideal setup (this is a piece to that) is to work purely hardware on stage - I play the Goidin Multiac, a Axon 100 converter, my Motif rack ES and (will get it today hopefully) a Yamaha MFC10 pedal to control the Motif.

Awaiting answer I partly already found out some useful arps, but working through the drumkits is better, and widely expanded the voice, feeling and exploration of the Motif. Thanks again!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question about PLG150-AP card piano sound
Next Topic:

Echoing Back to Keyboard/Controller. ››