mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "which volume do i turn up?"

Posted on: August 25, 2008 @ 06:12 PM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

this is probably gonna sound like a stupid question- my bad but i’m confused.i have a master volume on my keyboard ( xs ), i have monitor volume on my audio interface(not Yamaha so who cares), then i have volume on the back of my monitors( Hs50ms). not to mention volume on the DAW(cubase studio 4) .
i want to mix things down. what’s the procedure ? do i set the monitor volume in the back of the speakers to one level and not touch it , and use the audio interfaces monitor level to make what i’m listening to louder if needed? or do i use the XS master volume to make everything louder ? or is it the monitors that i gotta turn up?
orrrrrrr does it even matter should i just figure out what i like to turn up better?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2008 @ 04:58 AM
keith.roche
Total Posts:  837
Joined  01-29-2007

Re: which volume do i turn up?

Ok, the HS50 ms must have a green LED showing that its powered up. That light can also go RED, if the audio level clips. So I suggest that you keep the level on the HS50 , a constant. Dont touch it once you set it.

The Master Level Control of the audio interface must be used for inreasing or decreasing volume for playback.

While recording things, make sure the XS is almost full, but doesnt clip. Turning the Volume on XS, makes sense only if you are working on MIDI tracks and using the XS as a TG ( Tone generator )

And for mixdown purposes, do everything on CS4. They offer a mixer. lol
And they have a Master Level Meter. Make sure nothing goes RED. Thats all you have to do to get a good mixdown.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2008 @ 10:46 PM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

cool ...thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2008 @ 03:21 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

C4 also has a numerical readout so you can see exactly the numerical readout of the volume being output. THat number must stay under 0.0 dB (ie under the ‘red’)

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ n series and 01x
Next Topic:

01X mixer and SPDIF IN/OUT ››