mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Getting started with sampling"

Posted on: August 25, 2008 @ 05:50 PM
musicwonderoftheworld
Total Posts:  87
Joined  07-16-2008

I’m new to sampling and such on the motif xs-8. Could someone please tell me how 2 sample with cds...must I use a cd player and hook it up to the motif or can i use a different method..i’m new to sampling and have never done it b4 but would like to start so that i can start getting new sounds and ideas instead of buying things...like i have in the past..spent over $400 in sounds but i would like to learn how to sample so i can sample old school and such things from cds...could someone explain to me what i need to do this...as i have been reading forums but haven’t found a answer yet...all i need to do is get a cd player and a cd and sample or what?

Ryan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Getting started with sampling

You should start with the Owner’s Manual… You don’t say if you want to build User Voices or you wish to sample to the sequencer… these two subjects are covered as follows:

Page 161 “Creating a Voice/Performance by Using the Sampling Function”

Page 242 “Audio Recording to Song/Pattern (Sampling mode)”

Then in the Behind the Manual section of this site you will find two articles that may be helpful:

Sampling Basics and Navigation

url=http://files2.keyfax.com/XSPDFs/SamplingSeqMode1.pdf]Sampling in Sequencer mode[/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ sampling from another synthesizer
Next Topic:

Sampling from a CD ››