mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What Am I Doing Wrong?  It Feels Like MIDI 101!"

Posted on: August 24, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
DJATOZ
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-24-2008

Hi Folks

I’m new to the forums and somewhat embarrassed about my problem because it seems so simple /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=

I have the Motif Rack XS. I am using Cakewalk’s Sonar Producer 7.
I have a multi track midi song open and I am trying to induce the Motif rack to play two different voices on two different channels. The rack will only playback one voice set to channel 1, none of the other channel settings (2-16).  In ‘Multi-mode it playbacks two multi trembral separate voices but not in voice mode. I am using a Midisport USB 8x8 and have inserted the instrument definitions for the XS into Sonar and they show up fine.  I feel the problem lies somewhere in my setup.  I download the Yamaha driver, Studio Manager and the Rack Editor and they all seem to function properly.  Sonar does seem not recognize the Yamaha Driver as separate selection under midi devices - only the mLan and Midiman 8x8.  I love the rack and just want it to playback several different track voices at once in Sonar. I am at a loss.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2008 @ 04:26 AM
JeffB1963
Total Posts:  71
Joined  12-06-2007

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?  It Feels Like MIDI 101!

Voice mode is mono-timbral.

You need to be in multi-mode to address separate MIDI channels.

[ Ignore ]