mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Successfully using wireless keyboard with Motif XS"

Posted on: August 21, 2008 @ 01:15 PM
matticulous
Total Posts:  174
Joined  08-27-2003

Just thought I’d share that I finally got around to updating my XS with the 1.10 OS. I’ve had this lingering suspicion that a bluetooth keyboard would work with the XS. So I plugged a Rocketfish Bluetooth Wireless USB adapter into the XS and powered on my already paired bluetooth keyboard and was able to cursor around the XS.

So for those who are interested in going wireless I can tell you that the Rocketfish bluetooth usb adapter that came with my Rocketfish bluetooth mouse and keyboard from Best Buy worked with the XS.

I checked the Best Buy website and they still sell the package I bought. They also sell a stand alone Rocketfish Bluetooth USB adapter. It doesn’t look exactly like the one that came with my mouse/keyboard but I’m guessing it would work too. Obviously, you would need to supply a bluetooth keyboard to use with it.

I also have some Zoom Bluetooth USB adapters laying around somewhere that I may try next.

So the jist is, you can use a wireless keyboard with the Motif XS and the 1.10 OS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2008 @ 02:48 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Re: Successfully using wireless keyboard with Motif XS

Good tip, nice one. Given the XS is just expecting USB devices, anything that acts as a bridge between USB and bluetooth/wireless/anythingelse should work fine.

Nice to see the confirmation though, thanks for the info /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2008 @ 03:15 PM
matticulous
Total Posts:  174
Joined  08-27-2003

I just tried one of the Zoom Bluetooth USB adapters I have and it didn’t work with the XS using the keyboard I’ve got it paired with.

The Rocketfish has a pair button built into it while the Zoom does it’s pairing in software on the host.

So… make sure that whatever bluetooth adapter you try has built in pairing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2008 @ 12:18 AM
BSR
Total Posts:  221
Joined  08-10-2003

Hi! Plese tell us what aplications we can do with this wireless connection? Thanks Dorin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2008 @ 07:51 AM
robbie50
Total Posts:  283
Joined  09-14-2007

Using wireless keyboard with Motif XS...me too

I’m using a Logitech cordless keyboard 0682 and reciever......
It’s working fine!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2008 @ 06:26 PM
BSR
Total Posts:  221
Joined  08-10-2003

Re: Using wireless keyboard with Motif XS...me too

Hi! You are using it for what? Please explain! Dorin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2008 @ 07:20 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Re: Using wireless keyboard with Motif XS...me too

Dorin,

The XS with OS v 1.10 allows you to plug a USB keyboard in to assist with track and voice naming, and replicate the functions of buttons on the front panel.

This thread was just about using a wireless USB keyboard on the XS to do this, as opposed to just plugging in a wired one.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ RECORDING VOCODER 2 PATTERN
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››