mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Regenerator voice lib for ES?"

Posted on: August 20, 2008 @ 06:54 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-19-2007

I’ve bought two days ago Regenerator voice library for AN plug-in card (it is in my Motif ES). I’ve loaded files according to the manual (bulk files first, than W7E files through Voice Editor since my card is in slot 2). Problem is that I could not act on sound via on ES through ribbon plate as stated in manual for some sounds. Also, for one sound I found in manual that ES arpeggio could be activated, but it is not. I wonder if that sounds are really prepared for ES? I checked downloaded files again and I’m sure that I have loaded files from Motif ES folder.
Any suggestions?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2008 @ 11:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Regenerator voice lib for ES?

There could be reasons why your arpeggio is not running - which could do with your particular Utility mode settings. First check and make sure your ES is set to Internal clock
MIDI SYNC = Internal. If not your arpeggio will not run on its own.

There are reasons your Ribbon may not be working on the sounds, and again it depends on your internal Utility mode settings. Again check to make sure your Ribbon is set to send cc022 (the default). Also which PORTS are you set to communicate to your PLG boards? Under what conditions are you attempting to use the ES - for example, is local control ON or OFF?

These things can all affect how your ES behaves.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-19-2007

Well, thanks for answer, but I have already set MIDI SYNC to internal, Ribbon to cc022. My PLG150-AN is in slot 2 and set to port 2. There are no problem with sounds, they are exactly as stated in manual. But, for some of them, I found that Ribbon could be used (for LFO setting, or somewhat else) and also ES arpeggio. But both functions are inacessible. For instance: sound D05- TouchIT (file 2) uses both ES arp and ribbon. Maybe Dave could help?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2008 @ 10:32 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Your Regenerator sounds will work correctly only if your PLG-150AN plugboard is in SLOT 1. You have it installed in Slot 2. You can load voices to the plugboard using the Voice Editor if the Plugboard is in Slot 2 - however, controller routings won’t all work correctly. That is why you are having the difficulty.

This is explained in the manual.  Move your PLG-150AN plugboard to Slot 1. Then follow the loading instructions exactly as they are printed in the manual. You must first load the Bulk Master file - RGNRES-M.W2B.
Then load either of the “ALL” files after that. Each ALL file contains 64 sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 12:57 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-19-2007

I found what was the problem in the meanwhile. Maybe I was so inpatient to try those amazing sounds that reminds me on some past (but good!) time. Thanks Dave again for your efforts to make such a good lib.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 08:35 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-19-2007

Hi Dave, me again. Is it possible to use Regenerator sounds also when AN is in slot 2? Since I had already VL card in Slot 1 and made a lot of settings it would be inconvinient to move AN card from slot 2 to slot 1, because I would like to use both cards at the same time.
I would appriciate if you could do this update to Regenerator lib or explain what is the simplest way to that except placing AN to slot 1. Thanks again!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2008 @ 02:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Moving Dave’s Regenerator sounds to SLOT 2 is fairly easy. First here is the theory, then we will follow with a step-by-step:

The Theory:
The Rengenator Library comes in two parts:
1) The custom AN Elements that must be loaded to the PLG150-AN’s 036/002 bank via the BULK file:
“RGNRES-M.W2B/RGNRES-M.W3B”
2) The Motif ES Voice data files (Dave gives you both the ALL data (.W7A/.W8A) and the VOICE EDITOR data (.W7E/.W8E)) We will be using the VOICE EDITOR files for this conversion.

The .W2B/.W3B ‘Bulk’ files create the custom AN Elements. The Motif ES ALL and/or VOICE EDITOR files create the Motif ES Voices that point to the AN Element.

You can load the (.W2B/.W3B) AN Bulk data to any slot simply by selecting the appropriate FILE LOAD TYPE. (Each PLG SLOT has its own LOAD TYPE for the Bulk data… and you can use any one you require).

You can use the Motif ES Editor (Voice) to copy the Motif ES Voice Data from “Plug-in 1 User” to “Plug-in 2 User”. Then you can bulk those Voices to the Motif ES PLG 2 locations. 

The Step-By-Step
In the MOTIF ES PLUG-IN BULK MSTR folder:
_RGNRES-M.W2B
_RGNRES-M.W3B

On Motif ES
Press FILE
Press [F1] CONFIG
Set CURRENT to CARD (if loading from SmartMedia Card) or USB (if loading from USB device).
Press [F3] LOAD
Set TYPE to “PlugInAllBulk2
By selecting “2” you will be loading the Bulk data to the AN Board in Slot 2.

Highlight the file name RGNRES-M.W2B
Press ENTER to execute.

Next find the MOTIF ES VOICE EDITOR FILES folder - where you will find two sets of data:
RGNRES~1.W7E
RGNRCL~1.W8E

RGNRCL~2.W7E
RGNRCL~2.W8E

Open the file set with the Studio Manager > Motif ES (Voice) Editor. For our example we will do the first set: “RGNRES~1.W7E/.W8E”

When the Library opens, select the PLUG-IN 1 USER tab
And highlight the first Voice “Bad Machine” as shown below:

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/433250-ESVoiceEd1.JPG

Now you can use the common computer command for SELECT ALL: [CTRL] + [A]
This will highlight all 128 VOICES.

Now use the common computer command for COPY: [CTRL] + [C]

Select the PLUG-IN 2 USER tab
Highlight the first location (001)
Use the common computer command for PASTE: [CTRL] + [V]
This will paste all 128 Voices from “Plug-in 1 User” to “Plug-in 2 User”

Now you can use the “Transmit Voice Bulk” icon to send “Plug-in 2 User” to the Motif ES.

The Follow-up
You only have to do this once, as now you can save a new ALL data File (For your Motif ES parameters - and now you know that you can simply load the AN Bulk data (.w2b/.w3b) through the appropriate “PluginAllBulkx” File Type, where ‘x’ is the Slot number containing the appropriate Board for the Voice Element data.

By copying the Motif ES Voice data with the Motif ES (Voice) Editor all the controller assignments and Voices now point to the appropriate places and you are ready to go.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2009 @ 07:05 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-19-2007

Bad Mister, at first I would like to wish you a Happy New Year.
Thanks for your very detail explanation!
I’ll print this and add to existing voice lib manual!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG 150AP Quality
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››