mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG 150AP Quality"

Posted on: August 18, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
SIXXDOGG
Total Posts:  132
Joined  11-11-2003

Hello again fellow Motif rockers…
Ok....after searching these forms, I have not found anyone commenting on this wonderful card.

I find it totally worth the 249 smackers that I paid...and pretty much feel I got the best piano sound around town!

If anyone who reads this that owns the same plug in board...please let me know what you think of it.

Talk soon!

Nick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2008 @ 06:49 AM
SIXXDOGG
Joined  11-11-2003

Re: PLG 150AP Quality

Holy....does anyone but me own this board?! lol

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2008 @ 07:11 PM
GregH
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-09-2005

I own it...love most of the sounds, particularly for the warmer/darker voices.  However, with my setup (Rack ES and an external Roland A90 controller) there’s a latency issue that makes me feel disconnected from the “piano”.  If you’re running it on an ES8, you’ll probably love it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2008 @ 07:54 PM
SIXXDOGG
Joined  11-11-2003

Yea its really good....I am using a Motif 7 Classic....
This card completed my classic 7 for me.....its the only board I am using right now....mind u I would love an es8 or XS....
someday....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2008 @ 04:33 PM
Total Posts:  60
Joined  12-08-2006

*** Well, I guess I am just not “there” I did pick up the AP card. Installed it in the ES6 and,.."not so much” Maybe I am just not as in tune to the nuances but for my application I will stick with the stock pianos in the ES.

javascript:void(0)

I have considered this card for the 6ES. How do the sounds compare to the factory ES pianos. I know the music store will give me 30days with. I remember a post mentioning that the sounds of the card would be well suited in a recording situation not so much for stage.
Do you feel the same?
Thanks.
/forums/images/icons/confused.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2008 @ 04:21 PM
SIXXDOGG
Joined  11-11-2003

Good evening.
Its so funny that you said that....
When I am at practice… I do not use it....for that reason....it just dosnt seem to cut through…

But when I record with it....(Tascam MKII) It sounds amazing...Everyone that I have played these piano sounds for loved them...It took me a bit to tweek a couple of them...but I am finally happy with my piano sound after all these years…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2008 @ 04:14 PM
jasonmitchell
Total Posts:  83
Joined  09-30-2006

GregH ---- I’m running it on an ES8, and I’m bothered by the latency issue too.  I rarely use it, but probably because, since day one, I took a shine to Brite Piano, and tweaked it for my ears, and use it almost exclusively.  If I ever took the time to tweak the AP, I might learn to like it better.  Of course, someone would have to tell me how to improve that latency problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2008 @ 06:51 PM
GregH
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-09-2005

Very interesting...I had assumed that the latency I was experiencing was due to the fact that my PLG150-AP is being triggered from an external MIDI device, and that using it in a host with an onboard keybed would produce a more favorable result.  I hope that my comment didn’t influence your decision to purchase the card…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150AP File fromCD to smart media
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››