mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "need help with hooking up aw1600 to motif es 8"

Posted on: August 13, 2008 @ 08:30 PM
leftysmurf
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-13-2008

I’m trying to help my boyfriend out, He has a motif es 8 and just recently bought an Aw1600. Our question is, how do you hook up the two together, what cables do we need and in what jack do we put it in? we bought an unbalanced xlr cable, but can’t figure it out. please help! thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2008 @ 03:03 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: need help with hooking up aw1600 to motif es 8

The XLR cable would be for a microphone.

You would need two ordinary jack to jack cables (like guitarists use, 1/4 inch) to connect the output of the ES to two of the inputs on the AW. You need two in order to keep it all in stereo.

You would also want to make the two channels in the AW a stereo pair so that settings made on one channel automatically are applied to the other.

Hope this helps

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2008 @ 11:54 AM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Re: need help with hooking up aw1600 to motif es 8

Also...if you want to sync the 2 units you will need 2 Midi cables. I have the AW16. I believe the AW1600 has a USB port which (might?) be used as well.

Go to awinspire.com and you will find tutorials on how to hook the units together. You can actually use either the ES or AW to control each other using the transports on one to control the other. There are a few other things you can do also like use the AW faders to control the mix of the ES sequencer.

There is a lot of info on that website.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Project home workstation set up... please help
Next Topic:

Digital Out ››