mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controlling a Rack ES with an Axiom"

Posted on: August 13, 2008 @ 04:05 PM
patrickmat
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-13-2008

I’m having trouble setting up an M-Audio Axiom 61 controller to change user presets in performance mode with a Motif ES Rack. What I want to do is hit one of the pads on the Axiom to change from song to song using the presets I’ve programmed in the Motif. I’ve read the manual, I’ve done what the tech support said to do and it just won’t seem to work. Any help? I know this is probably dead simple but I’m obviously doing something wrong with the LSB and MSB values or something. Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2008 @ 09:56 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Re: Controlling a Rack ES with an Axiom

You could try using MIDI-OX to see what your Axiom is actually sending.

You’d need to hook your ES up via USB to your PC to do this, and turn the MOTIF on USB mode.

Doing this test, the axiom won’t be ABLE to control your rack, but you’ll be able to read the MIDI messages that the RACK is seeing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2008 @ 07:51 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Controlling a Rack ES with an Axiom

I’m having trouble setting up an M-Audio Axiom 61 controller to change user presets in performance mode with a Motif ES Rack. What I want to do is hit one of the pads on the Axiom to change from song to song using the presets I’ve programmed in the Motif.

”User Presets”? Voices are either USER Voices or they are Preset Voices. Performance mode is all USER memory. Then you say you want to move from SONG to SONG… Song mode is an entirely separate mode from Performance mode.

Exactly what is it you want to do? it is not clear in your post.

If you are in PERFORMANCE mode you must send the following messages from your controller:
Bank Select MSB value 63
Bank Select LSB value 64
Program Change number 000-127

If you are in SONG mode you must be able to send the MIDI SONG SELECT command (F3)
  [ Ignore ]