mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha effects in Final Master- Motif & SONAR 7"

Posted on: August 11, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
micaofboca
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-28-2004

I’ve just learned how to integrate Motif ES and SONAR, so now I’m comfortable creating finished Midi recordings from beginning to end, Next is Mixing and Mastering, which will teach me how to re-record my Midi songs into AUDIO inside SONAR and employing all the Mixing and mastering tools I’m capable of.  My question has to do with the excellent Effects within MOTIF as compared to the less stellar Cakewalk effects.  How do I apply the MOTIF ES effects to my audio recording of my MIDI tracks, rather than just using the Cakewalk ones?  Is there a resource that will go into detail teaching how to record the MOTIF effects by applying them to Audio tracks recorded in SONAR (or Cubase or any other Pro-Audio sequencer using Midi and audio).  I bought Keyfax’s excellent DVD (Sound Advice) by Mark Polich teaching me how to apply all of MOTIF’s individual effects to internal MOTIF sequences, but no mention was made of how to apply the MOTIF effects to external sequencers, or if indeed it’s possible at all.  Can you guide me to a detailed lesson regarding these recording issues?  Thanks, your Guruships.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2008 @ 07:01 PM
Astral
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  01-26-2007

Re: Yamaha effects in Final Master- Motif & SONAR 7

I was about to ask same question but about Lexicon MX400. It is a hardware effect module with USB and S/PDIF connection. The Audio supposed to be sent to S/PDIF In and return processed via S’PDIF out. But I can not make it work. I know Motif can be used as plug in in Cubase, but not sure about Sonar. I created bus, set output to S/PDIF and created extra audio tracks for return, and have no sound. Any thoughts?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI In and MIDI Out settings for Midi tracks
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››