mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "International Motif"

Posted on: August 05, 2008 @ 06:25 AM
Shogun8
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-04-2008

I currently live in Australia, and am thinking of buying an XS8 from the US as it is much much cheaper due to the better exchange rate etc.

My only concern is warranty.  So what I’d like to find out is that if some users have been in the event in which they had to send a motif for repair, or send it back to the manufacturer.

Would I be covered by an international warranty, or if something were to happen to my motif, would I just be denied service? 

Please share your experiences with international purchases, if any.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2008 @ 07:02 PM
KMK
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-29-2002

Re: International Motif

Speaking personally.  My XS is built like a tank.  This keyboard is really put together well and I have had mine for quite some time.

Chances are that the warranty will expire long before you need any type of repair.  Or course, I’m relatively sure that not everyone is as lucky as myself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2008 @ 03:58 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Your warrantee would be with Yamaha US not Yamaha OZ so any repairs would need to be done by Yamaha in the US!

Of course, I have a Motif Classic - used mostly in a studio context, but also gigged a lot and have had it for well more than 5 years and it is still fully functional and has not required any warantee return. This seems to be the main experience of users. However, some users had problems with their keybeds on some models and yamaha did replace the whole action under warantee.

So chances of needing the warantee - very small, but if you do, it’ll have to go back to the US.

Are there any other issues such as voltage supply which might impinge on your Motif XS ownership crossing the pacific from the US to Oz?

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 13, 2008 @ 04:13 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

The exchange rate has gone the wrong way for this in the last week or so and looks set to keep heading in the same direction.

Plus the U.S. model will be 110 volt.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2008 @ 05:12 AM
Shogun8
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-04-2008

Yeah thanks for the tips.  That’s the only thing I don’t know about..yet. Voltage.  I’ll look around.  If anybody could help or give an opinion it’ll still be appreciated

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ What does a wah-wah pedal actually do?
Next Topic:

is it a crime? ››