mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "linking motif es to pc"

Posted on: July 28, 2008 @ 03:47 PM
edvan729
Total Posts:  205
Joined  06-06-2004

i know this is an old topic but anyways, i’m trying to link my ES to my pc. im using cakewalk pro audio 9. i tried to download the motif driver but can’t seem to install it. i’ve read the instructions but no prevail. what am i missing?

one more thing, if i can get it working, how do i assign the instruments and i mean not only the GM patches but the presets of the ES.

thanks in advance..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2008 @ 02:30 PM
edvan729
Joined  06-06-2004

Re: linking motif es to pc

ok, i got the usb driver up and running. now, is there a way that i can see the name patches of the motif in the cakewalk software instead of numbers? is the only way to assign patches from cakewalk by numbers? i hope i can assign them also by the way how i assign them in category search in the ES.

someone help? /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2008 @ 02:52 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

The easiest way to accomplish what you are after is to download and install the Instrument Definition file for the Motif ES. These files are available for download on the Files & Software page at the MotifMart simply scroll down to the Cakewalk files, and download the appropriate instrument definition file. Also at the bottom of that section is instruction for installing that file.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2008 @ 03:43 PM
edvan729
Joined  06-06-2004

thanks brad! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

i got it and now im assigning instruments not by number but i can see the patches now. hehe (i’m starting to sound so ignorant here) hehe but yes i am, it’s my first time hooking my ES to a pc so everything is new to me. but thanks really. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

just a while ago, i opened a midi file and tried assigning instruments to the tracks. changing the midi patches to ES presets. then one time, i tried recording and every note i hit, is half a second delayed? i tried to search for parameters in the cakewalk and ES but no prevail. so i just decided to restart my computer. and fortunately the delay effect was gone. but i wouldn’t want to happen that on stage. i mean i’m planning to use this set up, (ES hooked up with PC) on stage so if that happens, that would suck! that will be quite a scene. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

so what’s the reason behind this? so i could prevent it, and one thing, i was recording one time and the whole pc stucked up! well, that would probably because the pc is kinda low end, it’s old and ready to give up. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

thanks again brad. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= hoep to hear from you again soon. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2008 @ 05:05 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

What kind of controller are you using?

What you’re describing is called “Latency.”

If you’re going to use your setup LIVE, I certainly would make sure that the PC is up to the task.

Moreover, I would REFORMAT the Hard Drive, and install NOTHING except a fresh OS and the software that you need to run your gig (and of course the appropriate patches to the OS and stuff.)

Don’t be loading any videogames and such…

My Studio PC is an ACER with a Dual Core 64bit 2.4 GHz processor running Windows Vista.  The ONLY thing I’ve installed on that is a few MIDI and Firewire drivers for the various outboard hardware, the Yamaha Studio, and Cakewalk Sonar PE v7.  NOTHING ELSE.  It runs like a charm.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sonar Instrument Defintion for rack xs?
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››