mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 8 controling XS Rack thru MIDI"

Posted on: July 18, 2008 @ 07:36 PM
BSR
Total Posts:  221
Joined  08-10-2003

Dear Bad Mister or anyone: How I can control XS Rack with
Mo 8 thru MIDI? My MOST IMPORTANT quescen is if i can change the arpeggio with the SF or F buttons in the same way this is done by EX or XS Keyboard. Thanks! Dorin.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2008 @ 10:54 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: Motif 8 controlling XS Rack thru MIDI

Dorin,

You cannot use the F or SF buttons from the keyboard, but you can use Master Mode on the Classic 8 and turn the zone switch to ON, then press Edit / Other and select whatever available controller you want to use (knob/slider, etc) and set it to Zone. Set one controller to send cc 90 to turn the arp on or off, and another to cc 85 to control the arps. On the Rack XS, you’ll need to go into Utility mode / Contollers and set the Arp Assign Mode to ‘Direct”.

It’s different from the keyboard, but you’ll get used to it. I have the arp control set to the CS1 slider. All the say down is arp number 1, and all the way up is arp number 5. Numbers 2, 3 and 4 are equally spaced in-between. It’s not too hard to get the hang of it. You could also use a knob if you wanted.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Why Buy the XS Rack?
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››