mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI Puzzled"

Posted on: July 17, 2008 @ 05:54 PM
denis55
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-30-2006

Ok, here’s setup MO8, Cubase SX3, Firepod. I use studio manager too.

When I use studio manager with cubase and try to record midi coming from mo8, when i click record button i get a not different from what I have selected in part mixer. When I click stop button note will sound again with different pitch. Local control is off. Also in device setup in Cubase do I have to have anything in DirectMusic tab? Mine is empty!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2008 @ 10:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: MIDI Puzzled

This is a clear indication that your PORTS are assigned wrong for your Studio Manager and Editor. We assume you are using the MO8 connected to your computer via USB-MIDI using the appropriate Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver for you particular Computer operating system (you don’t mention any of this)… But in order to use the Studio Manager and the Editors you must be using a USB connection direct from the MO to your computer… assuming you are:

In the Multi-Part Editor for the MO
Click on SETUP
Set the Ports up as follows:

MID IN REMOTE PORT = Not Assigned
MIDI OUT REMOTE PORT = Not Assigned

MIDI IN PORT = Yamaha MO8-1
MIDI OUT PORT = Yamaha MO8-1

You are not going to be using the REMOTE PORT as you do not mention any other Yamaha products that you can remote control… so this should be set to Not Assigned. If you set these to PORT 1 - then when you press front panel buttons on the MO it will trigger note events. You have mistakenly routed Remote Control commands to the tone generator.

The regular MIDI IN and MIDI OUT are set to the MO8’s Port 1 - which is used to play your tone generator.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2008 @ 08:10 AM
denis55
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-30-2006

Ok, got it fixed, thanks! Can you tell me what is DirectMusic is in midi setup?
i have another problem, trying to record base, when i play the recording there is actually a delay between when i push the key and when cubase records midi. Any idea?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2008 @ 07:22 PM
Cygnus64
Total Posts:  163
Joined  02-27-2007

Denis,

the delay you have is called latency. Somewhere in Cubase there is something called “buffers”. Find that and adjust it. It also could be due to your soundcard. Onboard soundcards (that came with a computer) tend to have slower latency.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ADVICE NEEDED
Next Topic:

volume sliders ››