mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "low volume on piano voice"

Posted on: July 12, 2008 @ 08:25 PM
kih0763
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-12-2008

I just bought a MO8 about a week ago and I am having a hard time turning up the volume whenever the voice play mode is set on piano.  The volume controls on both the speaker and the keyboard itself are already set to MAX, yet the sound still appears soft.  I don’t know what I am doing wrong.  Please help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2008 @ 06:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: low volume on piano voice

You posted in the MM6/MM8 forum but in your post you say you have a MO8… so it is not clear what keyboard you actually have.

If indeed you have a MO8… then you will want to check to make sure your universal Volume parameter is set to 127
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [SF1] TG
Make sure the Volume here is 127
Press [STORE] to lock in your Utility settings.

This parameter can be adjusted if you have been playing back MIDI files that fade out. When a MIDI file has a fade out it adjusts this parameter - which should remain at 127.

Other things to check are your Foot pedal (if any)… a connected FC7 pedal can be sitting half way effecting your volume.

And of course piano being a velocity sensitive Voice will get louder the harder you play.

Last but not least - are you connected to anything externally via MIDI… a computer perhaps, another keyboard, etc. These can also affect your Volume.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to create an acoustic guitar Arpeggio
Next Topic:

Sustain Pedal Not working ››