mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Importing Multis via Editor"

Posted on: July 10, 2008 @ 04:01 PM
Woofer
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-10-2008

Hi,

I just bought the Motif Rack XS and I’m now learning the Editor. It appears I’m going to need to setup my configuration so that each song that I play is a separate Multi. This is so I have the option of splitting the keyboard to allow for different sounds for each part of the song and changing songs is as easy as switching to the Multi for that song.

I notice the Editor allows the user to import a Voice from an X1E file. Is there a way to import a Multi from the same file?

I ask since I assume I will eventually save over a Multi from the factory and I’ll want to add that factory Multi back into my list later. Or I might have 2 configurations for 2 different music setting and I’ll want to ‘copy’ a Multi from 1 configuration to the other. I know this means I will also have to be sure that I don’t overwrite any Voices that my Multis use but at least I have the option of bring Voices back via the import command.

Or am I thinking of this situation wrong and there is another way to approach what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2008 @ 05:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Importing Multis via Editor

I ask since I assume I will eventually save over a Multi from the factory and I’ll want to add that factory Multi back into my list later.

The Multis from the factory are all backed up in the Editor so you do not ever have to worry about saving over them - please do.

If you want to get any of the Factory Multis back here’s how:
On the main Editor screen select MULTI while ONLINE
The first item listed is “G” Global… Click on Name space there, this will open the MULTI LIBRARY overlay
Here you will see thre PRESET Banks of the Factory Multis
PRESET 1 is the one that was loaded when you first booted up the Motif-Rack XS
The others make up the 384 PERFORMANCES you get in the Motif XS keyboard synthesizer. 

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/410223-MultiLibrary.JPG

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
Woofer
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-10-2008

Re: Importing Multis via Editor

Thanks Bad Mister. I didn’t realize the presets weren’t overwritten by user created Multis. It makes sense now that I think about.

I was still unsure how I could copy a Multi from 1 editor X1E file into an available slot in a second editor X1E file. I did some experimenting and I think I’ve found my answer, but I thought I would verify the process with you.

Here is the experiment I did…

To create 2 different editor files that represent to different configurations for 2 different uses, I did the following:
1) Renamed ‘Chilltronika’ Multi to ‘Song 1’ in the Editor
2) Did a ‘Save As’ and named the file ‘Band1.X1E’
3) Renamed ‘Song 1’ Multi to ‘Song 2’ in the Editor
4) Did another ‘Save As’ and named the file ‘Band2.X1E’

Now, let’s say I wanted to copy Song 2 from the Band 2 file and add it to the list of Multis in the Band 1 file. Here are the steps I took:
1) Opened ‘Band1.X1E’ file in the Editor
2) Did an Auto Sync to copy the Global and Current data to the Rack
3) Did a ‘Store Mixing’ to store ‘Song 1’ to the Rack internal memory in User Multi 001
4) Opened ‘Band2.X1E’ file in the Editor
5) Did an Auto Sync to copy the Global and Current data to the Rack

At this point, I wanted to store ‘Song 2’, which was now in Multi User 001, to Multi User 002 in the current Rack configuration. I didn’t see a way to ‘move’ that Multi in the editor to the Multi User 002 slot so I had to:
6) Press the ‘Store’ button on the Rack
7) Change the User number to ‘002’
8) Press ‘Enter’ button twice

9) Finally, I did a ‘Save As’ and overwrote the ‘Band1.X1E’ file.

This got me to where I wanted to be, which was have ‘Song 1’ in User Multi 001 and ‘Song 2’ in User Multi 002 in the Band 1 file.

This brought up several questions:
1) Is this the correct, best way to accomplish my goal?
2) Is there a way to switch to a different User Multi via the Editor or can that only be accomplished via the ‘Category Search’ button on the Rack?
3) Can a Multi be stored to a different Multi User slot in the Rack internal memory via the Editor or can that only be accomplished via the ‘Store’ button on the Rack?
4) Is there a global way to store all the current Multis into the Rack internal memory via either the Editor or the Rack without having to store each individual Multi separately?

The last question is for when I want to switch from one Band configuration to the other Band configuration within the Rack internal memory.

Thanks again in advance for your answers.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ chord recognition
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››