mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cant Hear Motif Sounds When connected to logic"

Posted on: July 09, 2008 @ 08:48 AM
xslogic
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-09-2008

When i connect my Motif Xs7 to logic pro 7 using USB- I can only here sounds when I use logic instruments

I have the RME 800 hooked up- i might be something wrong with that i dont know

Someone please give me instructions on how to connect the motif where i can hear the sounds of my motif

I can see the notes going into logic but no sound coming out of the speakers except when i use logic instruments

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2008 @ 02:03 PM
JRino
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-26-2004

Re: Cant Hear Motif Sounds When connected to logic

I noticed that people dont respond for some reason on the logic forum...anyways im not really sure how to resolve your issue but i can tell you what i do. I have a motif classic and logic on a mac and a presonus firebox. I basically have my quarter inch cables hooked up on the back of my motif (LR) going into my Firebox sound card (3 and 4 outs) hooked up to my mac /logic via firewire. I do the hookups with everything off. Then i turn on the motif, then the computer. I bring up my sound card mixer, making sure that the motif is playing out of my speakers...then i open logic and basically if i want to record sounds from logic i create an AUDIO track rather than an instrument track. I noticed that if i create an instrument track that you will not hear the sound unless...u have it hooked up via midi, then that is a whole different story. I would hook it up via quarter inch instead of midi. And just create audio tracks in logic...u should hear the sound…

Hope that this helps a little

peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2008 @ 03:53 PM
alesis
Total Posts:  200
Joined  03-12-2005

After all the connections were set you have to put Motif on song or pattern mode always to listen via midi. Select an empty pattern or song track and use the mixing button. If you installed the latest drivers and the interface correctly you should’nt have any troubles. Check also on the enviroment window on Logic ( I think is apple 8) you should see Motif there.  Search for SFLOGICNINJA on you tube, those tutorials are excellent.  I have an ES6 via midi with M audio uno interface to a Macbook and for Audio sources I have a Focusrite Sapphire with L & R of Motif to the interface( sound ) and interface to Mac via firewire. Remember if u want the real sound of the Motif ( midi) use Pattern or Song mode and change in utility the local on/ off to off

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2008 @ 02:10 PM
perversity
Total Posts:  9
Joined  09-10-2007

Your not hearing motif sounds because the Motif can’t transfer sound via USB. You still need to connect the outputs of your Motif to a mixer or speakers for you to hear internal sounds. Many people seem to be confusing mLan with USB. USB can transmit MIDI data which is like piano-roll information. mLan; which uses a FireWire cable, can transmit both MIDI and Audio signals.

[ Ignore ]