mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to do a Sampling for another keyboard"

Posted on: July 07, 2008 @ 02:40 PM
alesis
Total Posts:  200
Joined  03-12-2005

I am totally new about the way sampling works. I have some good samples from the Motif’s cd , k-sounds etc but don’t know how to sample from another keyboard or maybe a cd. My plan is to emulate a Korg M1 keyboard sound ( like a DX7 OR TX8 Sound on my Motif ES. I got 512 dimm installed. Can anyone explain to me this procedure?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 03:57 PM
trifidmaster
Total Posts:  419
Joined  02-20-2006

Re: How to do a Sampling for another keyboard

I do not have the ES, but I would go like this:

The easiest way is to connect the output of the other keyboard (M1) to the ES inputs, play note(s) on the M1 and record the output of the M1 into the ES (A/D input) - note by note.

For a start you should take one sample per octave, let say from a G note from every octave (from the M1). I do not know how many octaves the M1 has, but you could have let say in total 6 samples, from which you could make the voice in the ES.

It depends what kind of samples are you sampling - I guess you want to sample synth type of sounds (not drums), so you need to loop the samples what you sampled.

Something to remember:
If you want to have the exact sound as the M1 has, you need to sample many samples (perhaps 3-4 per octave), and I believe it will be not so easy to loop those samples as they can be complex.

If you would sample the raw waveforms from the M1, I believe it would be much easier to loop those samples, but the ES is not the M1, so it would be rather complex to emulate the M1 in ES.

Feel free to ask further.

trif.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ pops & clicks intro into motif es6 ?
Next Topic:

integrated sampler ››