mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bank/Part Wrap"

Posted on: July 07, 2008 @ 02:08 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

I’ve noticed that when Bank/Part Wrap is on, it does in fact wrap the parts, but it does not allow me to continuously scroll through the Multis (i.e. end>beginning / beginning>end).  Is it that this option does not apply to the Multi bank?  or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2008 @ 02:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Bank/Part Wrap

Bank/Part Wrap allows you to wrap around when moving through Banks or Parts

Banks (VOICE mode) are PRE1, PRE2, PRE3, PRE4, PRE5 etc. through USER DRUM then back to PRE 1
Parts (MULTI mode) are P1, P2, P3, P4, etc. through P16, then back to P1

You are talking about something entirely different… MULTI 1 through MULTI 128 - is not a Bank, is not a Part… so Bank/Part Wrap has nothing to do with this.

That would be Program Wrap… as far as I know there is no Program Wrap.

Bank/Part Wrap works with the Left and Right cursor arrows [<] and [>]

Selecting Voice numbers or Multi numbers is the Up and Down cursor arrows and there is no wrap (again as far as I know.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2008 @ 09:05 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

ok,
I suppose where I got confused is page 54 of the data list book.  At the top it refers to each Multi as a “multi program” and each set of 128 Multis as a bank “(128 x 3 banks).”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2008 @ 06:40 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Keytar,

Notice that page 54 says that the 3 banks of 128 are found in the editor (software). The physical hardware Rack XS itself has only the equivalent of one bank, or 128 individual Multi’s. So like Bad Mister says, there is nothing on the hardware to wrap as you can with the voices.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2008 @ 09:12 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Right.
I understand that the rack unit is only capable of holding a “bank’s” worth of Multis.
I also understand that it will not wrap the “bank.”

I was merely expressing the miswording on Yamaha’s behalf of referring to these as “banks” and not allowing the “bank” to wrap itself.

Or in any case of frustration...I’m sure they all didn’t sit around and think “should this be called a bank?” and have a huge debate over whether it should be given the rights of a bank to have the option of being wrapped vs. just allowing us the option to wrap them even if they called it the friggin “Multi wrap.” haha

Anyways—just a bit of frustration to go along with your previous dislike in not being able to call up the seperate Multis via midi.

I vary rarely have to depend on “bank wrap” for other banks for VOICES because those have a category search and can be triggered via midi.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS Rack: Sampling or Not?
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››