mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG-150AN and Mac OS 10.5"

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 07:33 AM
BrianM
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-09-2008

I have an S-90, sometimes supported by an iMac under 10.5.  I’ve been thinking about picking up an AN board, but have some concerns:  it sounds like the only way to really get full utility out of the board (and perhaps the only way to load the Plug In Voices?) is to run the Expert Editor - that doesn’t have an OS X version.

Is this true?  Any workarounds (besides using Windows), or what actual functionality will I lose without running the Editor?

For that matter, is there a Mac-based Voice Editor that will save in the correct format for the S-90?  The updated VE for the 90ES doesn’t appear to allow backwards-compatibility.

Thanks -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 08:45 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: PLG-150AN and Mac OS 10.5

I have an S-90, sometimes supported by an iMac under 10.5. I’ve been thinking about picking up an AN board, but have some concerns: it sounds like the only way to really get full utility out of the board (and perhaps the only way to load the Plug In Voices?) is to run the Expert Editor - that doesn’t have an OS X version.

Is this true? Any workarounds (besides using Windows), or what actual functionality will I lose without running the Editor?

The workaround is Windows, which will run on your Mac and run the Editor. The AN Expert Editor is required if you want to make your own virtual analog sounds from scratch. It is not necessary to load and play the AN board only necessary to create your own from scratch.

For that matter, is there a Mac-based Voice Editor that will save in the correct format for the S-90? The updated VE for the 90ES doesn’t appear to allow backwards-compatibility.

No. Sorry there is not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 09:47 AM
BrianM
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-09-2008

Got it.  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2008 @ 07:14 AM
miket
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-24-2005

Brian

If you used Mac OS 10.4.x, latest Mac OS that allows Classic Mode, you could use OMS 2.3.8 and AN Expert Editor.
Otherwise you could also pick up an used and cheap Macintosh running M OS 9.x

Best regards
Michele

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG 100 VH for S90 Only
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››