mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "SMF and MOTIF RACK-XS"

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 04:33 AM
edwe
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-06-2008

Hi,

I have ficihiers SMF and I would want that they are read by the motif xs (version system rack) but with the sounds of the motif and not those of the GM module incorporated into the expander. How to make so that these files compatible with the motif, without having to spend a long, boring and systematic edition of all the SMF ?

Thank you very much .

Excuse my English ! ..but I write from Belgium and speak French.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 09:36 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: SMF and MOTIF RACK-XS

I have ficihiers SMF and I would want that they are read by the motif xs (version system rack) but with the sounds of the motif and not those of the GM module incorporated into the expander. How to make so that these files compatible with the motif, without having to spend a long, boring and systematic edition of all the SMF ?

There is no way without having to spend a long, boring and systematic process of selecting the sounds you would rather have it play. Either use the Voice selection created by the author of the file or select them yourself.  Can there be any other answer????

Seems you have to do something…

By the way there is no GM module incorporated into the Motif-Rack XS. There are a bank of sounds that conform to the GM Program Change list but there is nothing “GM” about them - they are full Motif XS sounds… check them out - you may find that some of them are your favorite sounds.

If you want to substitute sounds from the other banks do so but there is nothing wrong with the Voices in the GM bank they are made from the same wave ROM as all the other sounds - only listed there for your convenience.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 10:36 AM
edwe
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-06-2008

Re: SMF and MOTIF RACK-XS

O.K. That is very right ! Thank-you for your help !

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Rack XS: 1 active Multi bank
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››