mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG 100-VH"

Posted on: July 03, 2008 @ 01:34 PM
Steve Michaels
Total Posts:  49
Joined  08-15-2006

I installed my PLG 100-VH vocal effects, but the instructions do not seem to coordinate to my model Yamah Moitf ES8.
What are the steps I need to follow to get it to work.

Thanks,

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2008 @ 02:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: PLG 100-VH

You’ve came to the right place.

Click on the “> Motif ES” heading at the top of this page
Click on “Behind the Manual”
Find the Power User Plus Pack” tutorial about half-way down the page entitled: 1. MOTIF ES and the Vocal Harmony Plug-In Board

It is a zipped downloadable tutorial which includes a PDF on how to get up and running specifically on the Motif ES, and an ALL data file you can LOAD to your Motif ES, with example setups.

Please save your current data, prior to loading the tutorial data. You should make your own ALL data file, as the data in the tutorial will overwrite your USER banks… You can restore your own data later.

The PLG100-VH (1997-1998) predates the Motif ES (2003) by about 5 or 6 years so it did not have specific directions concerning future product.

Hope that helps. If you get stuck post back here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2008 @ 03:51 PM
Steve Michaels
Total Posts:  49
Joined  08-15-2006

I downloaded the PDF and thanks it told me exactly how to use the PLG VH100.  Now, I set up the effect I wanted to use and saved it in a performance setting so I can recall it whenever I want.  The manual said if you wish to record this effect use integrated sampling.  I did that and was able to record it, but how to I get it over and saved to the actual song I am recording (say on track 10)?  This is different than just recording normal vocals with a mic, because I am not in Performance mode when I record with a mic?

Thanks,

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2008 @ 05:22 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

From page 5-6 of the PDF:

Can I record the Vocal Harmony in the Motif ES Integrated Sampling Sequencer?
You can record any of the Insertion Effects in the Motif ES including your vocal using the Vocal Harmony board, directly. Simply setup the Vocal Harmony effect you want to use, go to Integrated Sampling mode set the input to A/D and your sampling through the VH Effect. What you hear is what you get… You can also apply the powerful DUAL INSERTION EFFECTS to the AD input (it can be applied to any eight PARTS of a MIX – this includes the AD input and PLG150 boards). When in a Performance or Mix you will find the parameters for the AD input found in COMMON/ F5 Audio In/ SF2 INS TYPE:

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/409521-VH1.JPG

You select which eight Parts of your MIX will have the Insertion Effects active in COMMON/ F6 EFFECT/ SF2 INS TYPE:

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/409522-VH2.JPG

Once you have set up the microphone, the AD parameters, the Insertion Effects and the Vocal Harmony you can go to INTEGRATED SAMPLING and what you hear is what you will be able to sample. The Source will be “A/D”. By assigning the Harmony parts to follow a specific MIDI channel you can ‘orchestrate’ your backing vocals with any track containing the controlling note data. The notes on that MIDI channel can be used to conduct the harmonies and you can choose to have it audible or you can set its volume to zero and just use the notes to control the vocals.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2008 @ 05:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Graphic

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ install PLG150vl
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››