mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS USB Audio into Logic 8 ?"

Posted on: July 03, 2008 @ 02:15 AM
blz
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-03-2008

Hi, Im a noob in using Motif XS, that said, i wanted to know if I can transmit multi channel audio data through USB into Logic 8 ? (like from Virus TI).

I’ve got an XS6, so if not is there a possibility to do it via Firewire ? (and to upgrade XS6 to firewire ... and how ?).

I know its basic stuff, but im really green in this section.

Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2008 @ 07:15 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Re: Motif XS USB Audio into Logic 8 ?

The short answer is no. The USB carries midi data only. I’m certain that the MotifMart offers the MLAN upgrade. I don’t know the cost and, it should be fairly simple to install…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2008 @ 01:04 PM
blz
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-03-2008

So how does the mLan work exactly ? You set it up as and audio interface and set the inputs to mLan 1-16 from motif in Logic ? Or you can integrate it some other way and use the inputs anyway having your primary interface setup ?

Thx 4 reply : )

Actually, I just bought XS6 and I’m very happy with it.

PS. is there a place do download some free user presets/libs ? Cause i updated the OS and all user presets I had stored ... well vanished (yeah, I know, my fault).

Cheers,
Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2008 @ 12:20 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

MLAN carries 16 channels of audio or any combination of stereo and mono channels equaling 16. I’m not at my XS8 but, I think they are marked as output L&R, then m1-14… You can send more than one instrument out of the same channel or, I haven’t done it yet, send drums out on multiple channels, etc… I don’t know of any free user presets, someone else may be able to help with that

[ Ignore ]