mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "install PLG150vl"

Posted on: June 21, 2008 @ 02:04 PM
sweetmeyousic
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-17-2007

I just got the PLG150VL card on ebay and installed it in my ES Rack.  I think I installed it correctly in PLG1 (2 is empty).

My ES Rack does not seem to find the card.  The boot up screen “looks for card” and gives no error messages.

Using the voice and bank buttons, I expected to see some PLG1 banks but all I see is the 10 banks I had before.

Probably a user error of some sort but i can’t figure it out.  I tried installing the card in slot 2 with the same result.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2008 @ 06:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: install PLG150vl

Press [UTILITY]
PAGE [>] until you reach the PLG1SYS screen, it should be between the MIDI screen and the JOB SEL screen.

Alternative method to ensure you have a working board:
Press [MULTI]
Press [MULTI] a second time
You should now see the MIX PART screen
Press the [MUTE/SEL] button to turn OFF the LED. This selects the SELECT function
Press the PART button labeled [1/5/9/13] four times… this should toggle you through PARTS 1, 5, 9, 13 and lets you land on PLG PART 1 (P1)

Cursor down and set the BANK MSB / BANK LSB so that it reads 63/70
Voice No. 001 should be “Br: Trumpet 1”

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2008 @ 02:14 PM
sweetmeyousic
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-17-2007

Thanks for the reply. I have done as shown below.  There is no PLG1 or PLG2 screen between MIDI and JOB SEL.  Also, using the alternate method, I found no MSB 63 LSB 7.  My screens went from 63 5 to 63 8.  On the screen between them, it was MSB 0 LSB 0.

One question: Is it necessary to re-initialize the Motif after installing a plug board?  I did not see that in the manual.  Unless someone has a better idea, I think the board may be bad.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2008 @ 07:57 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Double check your installation. Make sure the multi-pin connector is connected properly… If it is then you definitely have a bad board.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ plg100-VH pitch bend
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››