mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help needed recording audio from MIDI data"

Posted on: June 14, 2008 @ 06:57 PM
ragabeatz
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-14-2008

I’m sure you have seen similar posts, I have searched many forums to find a solution to my problem but to no avail. I have my MM6 directly connected to the computer via USB and have recorded 4 MIDI tracks on Cubase LE DAW without a hitch. I wanted to record the MIDI tracks into 1 audio track so that I can export the mixdown as a wave file. The logical thing I tried was to take 1/4” cables from MM6 output and connect it to audio input on my firewire audio interface (Yamaha GO46). Next, I added an audio track and played the 4 MIDI tracks hoping I would record some audio but it didnt work, I got a blank audio track. I made sure PC mode is turned on and Local is OFF. I also tried turning Keyboard out and Song out ON and OFF but nothing happened.

I read the manual and it does say that the USB connection does send AND receive MIDI data so in theory it should work in place of standard MIDI cables. I can also hear the MIDI tracks from my monitors which are connected to the GO46 audio interface. Am I missing something really straight forward? Please help!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Patch for MM6
Next Topic:

MM6 to Cubase Studio 4 ››