mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Difficulty setting up"

Posted on: June 06, 2008 @ 05:24 PM
tuppmeister
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-06-2008

Hi folks,

I’m having some trouble configuring my XS8 to run with cubase via the mLAN Network.  I’m using an XS8 and a firewire cable.  (I attempted setting up after reading the Quick Setup Guide).

I’m using an iMac (OS x V.10.4.11) and am using AI driver version 1.1.2, Studio Manager v.2.2.1 for mac and XS editor v1.0.0.

Before I purchased the Motif I was using a USB interface connected to an electronic piano - this is a Roland UM-1.  At the time I installed the XS AI driver the UM-1 was still set up in the iMac’s Audio MIDI Setup utility.  MIDI In and Out were set to Port 1 (I think this may be the cause of my problem - apologies, but I’m still quite new). 

Upon going into Cubase AI and opening the Device Setup I get the following:

I/O Port System Name Show As Visible State In “all input”
In mLAN Network MOTIF XS:1 MOTIF XS x Active x
In mLAN Network MOTIF XS:2 MOTIF XS Remote x Active
In mLAN Network MOTIF XS:3 MOTIF XS MIDI IN x Inactive
Out mLAN Network MOTIF XS:1 MOTIF XS x Inactive
Out mLAN Network MOTIF XS:2 MOTIF XS Remote x Active
Out mLAN Network MOTIF XS:3 MOTIF XS MIDI OUTx Inactive

Remote Devices reads:  MOTIF XS Remote for MIDI Input and Output.

VST Audio System is set to mLAN Network. 

I’ve set the XS8 to Cubase in DAW type (via the Utility button).

Receive and Transmit is set to Channel 1.

Device Number is set to “all”

Interface (MIDI IN/OUT) is set to mLAN.

Upon checking “setup” in the Studio Manager, I’m notified that the ports have not been properly set.

Upon selecting mLAN/1394 I get “Not Assigned” in the MIDI field, “MOTIF XS8” in the “mLAN Device” field, and “1” in the Device No. field.

What do I need to do to successfully set things up?  Do I need to uninstall then reinstall the driver, or is it a matter of changing port or device numbers? 

Any suggestions are welcome.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2008 @ 09:10 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Difficulty setting up

Welcome to the forums. Sorry you are having difficulty getting your system running. What is not clear from your post is whether or not you are launching Studio Manager from within Cubase AI4.

It is necessary that you run Studio Manager and launch it from the DEVICES > Studio Manager launch option

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/359120-DevicesStudioManager.JPG

Let us know. The Setup in STUDIO MANAGER will not report on Ports if you are running it inside of Cubase. And if you are attempting to run it outside, then Cubase is already using the ports.

Go to DEVICES
Click STUDIO MANAGER
Make sure the Motif XS Editor icon is Added to your Workspace, Then launch the XS Editor.

It is the SETUP of the XS EDITOR where the ports are set.

If indeed this is what you meant, and you are getting the XS EDITOR reporting the Ports are not setup properly, then forgive this redunant check - but reading your post it was not clear where you launched Studio Manager.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2008 @ 03:11 PM
tuppmeister
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-06-2008

Thanks for the quick response - it’s much appreciated.

Although I’ve installed Studio Manager (version 2.2.1 for Mac), I’m unable to activate it inside Cubase.  The Devices Menu doesn’t offer Studio Manager as an option.  I’m not sure why this has happened, but it does explain why I was unable to follow the Quick Setup Guide. 

What can I do to ensure the Studio Manager launches in Cubase?  I’m running Cubase AI 4 Ver 4.0.1.

To further complicate matters, I tried reinstalling the Motif XS AI driver ... and now upon launching Cubase I’m no longer being asked whether I want to use ASIO mLAN.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2008 @ 05:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m not sure, why you cannot get this to show up… here are somethings to try:

1) Repair your permissions
2) You may want to update Cubase AI4 to 4.1.2 (This was the version that is officially compatible with Leopard). You do not need 4.1.3 (which is a hotfix and should only be installed if you run into a specific issue).

Warning do not install 4.1.3 without first installing 4.1.2 and verify that you have it working. Again I will state- you do not need the HotFix… these are for people with specific issue who are too impatient to wait for the fully sanctioned version upgrade… Please update to 4.1.2.851

Here is the link find 4.1.2 near the bottom of the page.

[url=http://steinberg.net/1652_1.html]http://steinberg.net/1652_1.html [/url]

Your computer will ask if you want to use ASIO mLAN, however if you check the box “Don’t ask again” it will stop and not ask you again. Did you select this option? If you did then it will just use the AI Driver automatically.

Let us know how 4.1.2 Build 851 works for you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 03:17 PM
Goodi
Total Posts:  97
Joined  08-19-2007

I can’t seem to find Studio Manager anywhere in my Cubase either SX or AI4.  As I have been reading and reading all the posts on here I am looking at everything.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Export Audio Mixdown
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››