mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Forum etiquette: Please Read This"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 18, 2038 @ 07:14 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We have just moved several posts into one thread.  No posts were deleted, they were simply moved because they were all threads started by one poster in the space of several minutes and about one subject -sampling and new OS features. 

It is common forum etiquette to keep similar topics in a single thread.  This makes it easier for other people who are interested in that topic to find and join in the discussions about that topic and much, much easier for moderators to provide answers.

Please note that another post by the same member was not moved because it was about a different subject.

We ask everyone not to start multiple threads about the same subject.  It simply makes it confuing for everyone to follow and particpate in these important discussions.

Thanks for your understanding !

If you are looking to participate in discussions about the future sampling on the Motif XS, please post in the thread.

Future Request: Sampling Features and File system.

That’s also where we will respond rather than trying to respond in 6 different threads about the same subject.

There was another thread started several days ago that had some very interesting discussions on the subject of sampling and eventually if that older thread gets pushed down too far in the post list, we may move those discussions and posts into the newer thread. 

Our sole interest is only that everyone in the community get a chance to express themselves and that topics of discussion are easy to find.

Once again thanks for your understanding.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2008 @ 04:32 PM
JonathanTimeBandit
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-03-2008

Re: Posts Moved to a common topic and Forum etiquette

Awesome ... THAT is how to mod a forum!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2008 @ 10:17 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Forum etiquette

Here are some rules on forum etiquette copied from a simple Google search on forum etiquette. These are copied from several websites including :
[url=http://wiki.archlinux.org]http://wiki.archlinux.org [/url]
[url=http://wiki.castlecops.com/Forum_Etiquette]http://wiki.castlecops.com/Forum_Etiquette [/url]

Shotgun Posting
Shotgun Posting is when the same question is posted on several different sites, or across multiple forums on the same site, at the same time. Please note that it is generally considered poor forum etiquette to shotgun post if it is done to get attention ahead of other posters. Some relate that to attempting to cut in line.

Double Posting
Double Posting, a form of “Shotgun Posting”, is posting the same post more than once in the same thread, or in multiple threads and forums on the same site. We ask that you do not open multiple topics in one or more forum for the same problem as this may cause confusion for the Staff responding, other folks helping, and our future readers who are trying to understand and fix their own similar problems.

Hijacking Another Poster’s Topic
Hijacking a topic occurs when a new poster asks about his problems in a thread already opened by another poster seeking help. While everyone is certainly welcome to watch and contribute to any topic, to avoid confusion, please start a new topic when presenting a new problem. Please also be aware it is generally considered poor forum etiquette to jump in on (hijack) someone else’s topic with your own problem. Opening a new topic allows your problem and your topic to receive the dedicated attention it, and you, deserve.

Bumping threads
Please do not bump your topics. “Bumping” is posting just to keep your topic at the top of the list.

RESPECT OTHER USERS
Sometimes people can write something that you may find offensive. Before launching into a public condemnation though, please consider that the person may not have intended to cause offense. It is very easy to misinterpret a post on forums, especially when dealing with multinational citizens. There is absolutely no need to resort to insults. Respect others’ views even if you disagree with them.

NO TROLLING
What is a troll? It’s a person who posts something which is bound to stir people up and then sits back and watches as dozens of people jump in and start arguing.Generally they will do anything it takes to get attention. If you see a message like this, please try and refrain from replying to it.

Trolling is further considered one of two things; Either running a topic into the ground incessantly, or dragging up old arguments against a specific user/group/etc. long after the original discussion gas been put to rest and then targeting them/it specifically and needlessly. Trolling is the first step toward outright harassment of other members. This is the single biggest no-no in the community. Letting every argument drop isn’t always a possibility, but learning when to let things go is a valuable tool, and not just in this community.

Finally on a lighter note , take a look at this Youtube video about How to Behave on an Internet Forum. Enjoy !

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xs8HWN6UyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xs8HWN6UyE [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 10:17 AM
Acts7
Total Posts:  2586
Joined  11-04-2003

Re: Forum etiquette

Nicely done
thanks Athan!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 10:23 AM
J W CARTER
Total Posts:  3522
Joined  10-10-2006

Well I guess I won’t be cursing everyone out anymore..LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 10:51 AM
botega
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  03-16-2007

now this forum will become utopian, every forum member will start a post with good morning, will end with good day, people from all over will send smiles and blessings in private messages, understanding, compassion, agreement and unity will be our lot!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 12:45 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

http://www.baneverything.org.uk/images/thumbs/A5_joking.gif

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 01:20 PM
botega
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  03-16-2007

lol!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 04:56 PM
J W CARTER
Total Posts:  3522
Joined  10-10-2006

LOL yeah dream on, I tried that years ago.
Were a bunch of animals.
My XS has my teeth prints on the back side of it, it locked up, so I bit it on the butt.
Oh and I bid you all a hardy good day./forums/images/icons/grin.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2008 @ 06:49 PM
kevland1
Total Posts:  1107
Joined  11-06-2005

Gee, what happened? Did some undelicate new people come on line while I was gone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2008 @ 08:40 PM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

So these are the new rules for Motifator? About time I really hope people can respect these rules finally.

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt= /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2008 @ 02:09 AM
Cowzar of Cunka
Total Posts:  344
Joined  10-10-2003

So these are the new rules for Motifator? About time I really hope people can respect these rules finally.

Athan is more less pointing out what should be already happening - whether it be here or on any other forum.
They are not new rules for MOTIFATOR, just to remind everybody the code and conduct one should adhere to when posting.

Cheers

Brian
CUNKA - Motif -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2008 @ 08:06 AM
KyleB
Total Posts:  2722
Joined  12-03-2002

i agree with all of this. the one thing i disagree with the number of songs you can post in Mo Songs which seems to be unlimited. people use this forum as a dumping ground for tidbits of songs and they drop like 3-4 songs per week. limit it to one song a week or 5 a month. then people will put more effort into a song before posting…

you’re spamming us with your talents....LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2008 @ 09:31 AM
pianokim
Total Posts:  810
Joined  02-09-2003

I couldn’t agree more.
Some seem to think, that every time they put their hands on the Motif it should be shared with the world mistakes and all - and those who actually take care and spend time getting their stuff to a certain level are drowned out by all this.
I stopped posting a long time ago for that very reason

-Kim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2008 @ 07:17 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

I posted in the last months many songs, I composed in the last years. I never thought someone would listen to my music. Motiforum is the first time, and it is a great pleasure for me, to have listener, who are musicians. Maybe, that other mo brothers and me post too much songs. In my case it is, because I have fun to make music and fun, if people hear and like my music.

But I see the problem. If there is someone, who worked a long time for a song, postes it, and I post xxx songs, I push him to page 2 or...I didn´t think about it, and change it.

That songs are posted, that are ,,,, I don´t say the word, is for me no problem: This are not the charts. If there are mistakes, or a song is ...everybody, who listens to the song should say this and give tips.

That makes me angry: people, musicians, who listen to the songs, could give valuable tips and remain silent.

We all learn. Some time we don´t need a Forum etiquette anymore.

(My english is...I`ll buy me no new keyboard, but a new dictionary)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2008 @ 09:26 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

I disagree: quantity is not quality, but nobody can protest if all your posts are good enough.
This forum is filled with people who say a lot but produce no music.

And your English can be improved by switching to Firefox with the US-English dictionary module.

Although I see no urgent reason for it ...............................

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ peace