mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi Connection - Korg 01/wfd and DP with Mac"

Posted on: June 05, 2008 @ 04:46 PM
johnclassick
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-05-2008

I’ve been trying to hook this up for days.

1. I tried the USB, changed the settings to USB in the Motif. Went Korg midi out to Motif Midi in. Added both devices in DP. The sounds show up on the list. Nothing.

2. After several configurations, the one that got the closest was MIDI in and out between the Korg and the Motif, and the Motif through to the 8 pre in. I can hear the keyboard playing the motif sounds, and I can record midi data by playing the korg, but I can’t hear it when I play it back. Also, I cannot change the sound from DP, only from the rack. I’m in multi mode. I believe the channels are syncd up (to 1) on both the korg and the motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2008 @ 06:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Midi Connection - Korg 01/wfd and DP with Mac

Sorry, what is DP (Digital Performer?)
What is ‘the 8 pre in’?

Sorry… I’m just not hip.

See page 17 of the Owner’s Manual “Using with a computer and an external MIDI keyboard” ...if you are attempting to use the Motif Rack as your MIDI interface.

We are assuming that is what you want to do… And we assume you have the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver for your computers operating system? And that it is installed properly… you will need that to select the MIDI OUT per track.

[ Ignore ]