mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using the MoPhatt sound Module with Logic Pro"

Posted on: June 05, 2008 @ 07:00 AM
JRino
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-26-2004

Hey everyone, i am very new to Logic. Switched over from Cubase for the moment. I am halfway through the 1000 page manual by the way and i found it not that difficult. However I am having a problem.

My setup: IMac, Presonus Firebox soundcard, Novation Midi Controller, MoPhatt, Logic pro...I have the Mophatt sound module (MIDI) going into the Novation Midi Controller, etc. IN logic i create a MIDI Track. Everything is good as far as I am able to hear the module with no problem and I can also record the module sounds with no problem onto a midi track in Logic.

The problem that I am having is that when i lay down a part from the module, and then i go to turn off the module..and then hit play in Logic to hear the track i layed down, no sound is coming from that track i layed down. It only plays when the module is on. I know this has to do something with it being midi because when i lay down say a piano part from my motif into logic (audio track), and then turn off the keyboard. The sound is permantly there and i can edit and tweak my tracks in logic with the keyboard being off no problem. Why is it that I cannot do this with the sound module. Should I record the Mophatt as an audio track? or is that even possible, being that it is connected via midi?

Basically I want to use logic as my host application and be able to use other sound sources such as my keyboard and my sound module to record down parts (drums, or piano parts) and then control the sounds and mix, edit , and burn my tracks down to cd. The sound module should not have to be on everytime i want to hear a sound i recorded. What am i doing wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2008 @ 07:08 AM
JRino
Joined  06-26-2004

Re: Using the MoPhatt sound Module with Logic Pro

can anyone help on this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2008 @ 06:24 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Hello,
you need to record the audio output of the sound module into Logic. A sound module by definition, does not send midi notes- it receives them, the actual midi notes are coming from your Novation. Take the audio outs from the sound module into the Presonus Firebox- record it to an Audio Track… and, you are good to go…

Note: I generally, record both a midi track and an audio track, in order to keep all of my editing possibilities open…

peace…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2008 @ 06:32 AM
JRino
Joined  06-26-2004

cool man, thanks for the help. I will try that and see if that works

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2008 @ 04:19 AM
JRino