mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Here’s how to use CubaseLE and MM6"

Posted on: June 05, 2008 @ 06:17 AM
Cygnus64
Total Posts:  163
Joined  02-27-2007

Since this questioned is asked a lot and rarely answered, I figured it out.

Edit: for some reason I cant link to it. Its about 4 pages back, a post by GuyQube called “ The Holy Grail.”

Use the attachment Guycube has in his first post. This works. It doesnt seem to matter where you download it to. THEN, go to Devices/Midi Device Manager/ Import Setup. Import that file from wherever you downloaded it to. Thats about it.

This file is DIFFERENT than the one in the motifmart/files and software section. Dont use that one, or at least it didnt work for me at all. Guycubes attachment is an XML file, and it works.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2008 @ 03:39 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Here’s how to use CubaseLE and MM6

Here’s the link to that thread

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
G-EyE
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-05-2009

I’ve got the scripts now, but I’m still not getting any sound out of the MM6. Its like the driver isn’t working at all. The Cubase LE program has an “Asio” driver; I don’t know if that is the right one or not, but it all came with the MM6. I tried downloading the generic Yamaha USB-MIDI driver and that just plain didn’t work. I don’t know what to now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 05:09 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Getting sound out of the MM6 is a completely different matter than script files (which is MIDI)… you simply connect the audio outputs of your MM6 to sound system. So getting sound is easy.

If you want to record audio to your computer, then you will need an audio interface… and audio interface is a device that take audio in from your keyboard, mic, or whatever, and sends it to the computer and then takes audio coming back from the computer and goes to your sound system.

That is, if you intend to record audio. What is your audio interface? It comes with a driver or a recommended driver - but the bottom line is that either your MM6 is connected to speakers or it is connected to an audio interface that is connected to your speakers.

The Yamaha USB-MIDI driver is for MIDI data to and from your computer and is not about audio at all… it is MIDI communication (you cannot hear MIDI...)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Invisible Mac files
Next Topic:

performance memory ››