mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t get my tracks to sound or record SONAR7"

Posted on: May 29, 2008 @ 10:43 PM
micaofboca
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-28-2004

I have a Motif ES, Sonar 7 and an Edirol FA-66 Firewire sound card.  Please help me get my tracks to make sound, and to record.  I may need to make a setting I’m unaware of on my MOTIF, but I’m cabled correctly.  I have checked my Edirol, both in and out on the Midi Devices screen.  On the Assign Instruments window, I’ve properly checked (Left side) Output/Channel #1 Midi Out as my Edirol to the (right side) Motif ES ALL.  When I click Define, all my Motif instrument definitions are properly stored under patch names in their respective files.  Under Options/Audio I’ve properly checked off 3 Input Device boxes for Edirol In1, In2, In3.  And Below I’ve checked all 3 Out boxes for Edirol.  Under Advanced I have Driver mode selected for WDM/KS instead of ASIO.  Is this wrong?  That’s the way Sweetwater set it up for me so I’m leaving it for now.  Dithering they set as Triangular.  Under General, my Playback Timing Master is det for Edirol Out 1, and the Recording Timing Master is set for Edirol In1.  Bit depth is set at 24 and Sampling rate at 48000.  The Options/Project window is where my problem MIGHT BE.  Clock Source I have set at AUDIO.  Under the sync option I checked Transmit Midi Start/Cont/Stop/Clock.  Below I checked the Midi Sync Output port for Edirol Midi Out, but I left the MTC Output Port box unchecked.  Also, under Midi Out in the Project Options box, I did NOT check the Transmit MMC box. 
Okay, next I loaded 10 Midi tracks for a song I’d written.  I assigned the tracks by right clicking the track and selecting “Track Properties, to which I assigned all 10 tracks with each respective Midi output track #, the correct channel numbers, the correct Bank and patch assignments that properly entered 10 onboard sounds from the Motif ES.  I also assigned the Edirol Midi in channels, and the Midi out box in the drop down boxes on the track pane next to the volume and pan settings.  Now that should take care of it all, but I still can’t get the computer to assign the track instruments on my Motif when I click the tracks 2 through ten.  I am getting sound on track one, although it won’t record.  Tracks 2 through 10, though I made all those settings right, just won’t play. 
The problem, I’m guessing, is in my MOTIF. Under Utlities I think F5 is where my proeblem may lay.  SF1 (Channel) I set Basic receive channel to OMNI.  Am I wrong?  The Keyboard Transmit Channel makes my tracks make sound when set to the proper track, but do I have to do that everytime I play Sonar, or is there a global setting that will automatically assign the track instrument on both PC and Motif?  Device# I have set to All.  SF2 (Switch) Bank Sel is set to OFF, Program Change is set to OFF.  Local Control is set to OFF so I don’t get both the Motif and Sonar playing over each other, but it does shut the Motif sound off, Receuve Bulk is set to “protect”.  SF3 (Sync) I set Midi Sync to MIDI (and not on internal), Clock out I set to “ON”.  Seq Control I set to In/Out.  SF4 (Other) I have Midi In/Out set to MIDI (Not USB).  Thru Port i set to 1. 
The only other parameter I set on my Motif was under Utilty F4 (Controller Assignment) SF4 (Remote).  I made the Remote Setting for Mode A SONAR, while I have Mode B as Off (instead of ‘General’).  That’s everything.  Can you tell me why I can’t get Sonar to record the correctly assigned instrument and have the sounds enter on the right side as they’re sequenced in.  And also how can I make SONAR correctly switch to the correct Motif sound everytime I click on the track it’s assigned to?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ equipment best "re-connect" ??
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››