mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transfering performances from Motif6 to Motif Rack"

Posted on: May 28, 2008 @ 02:23 PM
beatledave129
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-28-2008

I am a newbie to the whole rack thing, but I need to use the rack as a travel board so as to not have to lug the whole motif around with me.  I am no programmer but I have a few performances I use on the MOTIF 6 that I’d like to transfer to my RACK (I know they’ll be MULTIs there) but the manual really doesn’t explain how to do it other than to say via MIDI.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2008 @ 02:54 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Transfering performances from Motif6 to Motif

The easiest way to accomplish this would be to simply connect the Motif’s MIDI OUT to the Motif Rack’s MIDI IN and then use the Bulk Dump job to send Performances (1 at a time) to the Rack unit and then store them to specific Multi locations. The Performance Bulk Dump job is accessible as [PERFORM]-->[JOB]-->[F4] BULK DUMP and is described on page 176 of the Motif Owner’s Manual .

If you don’t have access to both units simultaneously, then you could use a MIDI utility program (such as MIDIOX) to capture the bulk dumps of performances on a portable computer and then use that to bulk dump them into the Motif Rack. For more information on this approach, see the following post from several years ago:[list] Instructions for Saving Individual Performances [/list:u]Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]