mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS with cubase question?"

Posted on: May 28, 2008 @ 06:24 AM
Charli
Total Posts:  51
Joined  05-28-2008

Hi everybody, today I finally ordered XS 6 and I am the happiest man in the world /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
I have one question though and if anybody can give me an answer i will really appriciate ...

so the question is as follows:

I have a PC, a sound card (Audigy 2 platinum), a midi keyboard (M-AUDIO), and monitors. + a Cubase SX that I use as a sequencer, and Reason as a rewire, + a lot of other plugins and vst instruments and effects. Now I want to replace a midi keyboard with new XS 6. What I wonder is that if I start recording 4 arpegios together in the motif’s sequencer I will have all the instruments on separate tracks of course, but is it possible to have them in Cubase in separate tracks in MIDI Format? and if yes how?
any kind of clue will be an asset… thanks in advance
Charli

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2008 @ 06:40 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: XS with cubase question?

Welcome to the forums.

In short, XS arpeggios can be instructed to transmit Out via MIDI, each on its own MIDI channel - you set a single track in Cubase to record - set the Cubase Track’s MIDI Channel = “ANY” (allowing it to record each arpeggio to its own channel), then you use the Cubase MIDI function “DISSOLVE PART” to separate each by MIDI channel to a separate track.

SX is an older version of Cubase. Depending on where in the world you are located, you may receive Cubase AI4 when you receive your Motif XS. What is exciting about it is that it is based on version 4 of Cubase… The latest feature set and engine from Steinberg.

What the “4” versions bring to the table is tighter integration with your Motif XS. This includes Studio Connections (integration with Editors), and includes Motif XS SONG IMPORT (this allows Cubase to import recordings that you do in the Motif XS sequencer directly into a Cubase Project - that is, Cubase can now open Motif XS ALL data files and extract the MIDI information and any sequencer audio samples you have done and place them on MIDI or Audio Tracks of your Cubase Project.

Although Cubase AI4 is the “freebie” (lite) version (and does not support ReWire), you may want to check out what it has to offer… and if you are in the USA or Canada you can take advantage of the upgrade specials in place now through the end of June.

Cubase Essential 4.1, Cubase Studio 4.1 and Cubase 4.1 (all of which support ReWire) can be gotten for a much reduced price… (through the end of June).

VST3 is now implemented in version 4 - which is probably going to be seen as one of the most significant improvements in the specification. Short story: Dynamic allocation of CPU resources for VST/VSTi - they will only use resources while actually functioning. This is a major step forward in the technology.

You will probably find out all you need to know about the Motif XS in the Motif XS forum

We also have a dedicated forum on Motifator for Steinberg specific quesitons: Steinberg forum

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2008 @ 12:07 AM
Charli
Total Posts:  51
Joined  05-28-2008

Re: XS with cubase question?

thanks a lot Bad_Mister…

and first of all I want to thank you personally, and all the musicians and yamaha gurus on this forum. And Yamaha itself of course for this wonderfull site. I already chacked all the forums here for my questions and I got a lot of usefull information from the previous posts and your oswers.

So thank again everybody /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Where can I get the AW16G cd-rom?
Next Topic:

N12, Motif XS8, Cubase AI4 - Integration ››