mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Drum Arps in Pattern Mode on mo6"

Posted on: May 21, 2008 @ 03:07 PM
BJ
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-05-2007

When I record drum arps in pattern mode and then play back the drums seem to double beat at the very beginning of the first measure.
This does not happen with all arps I record.
Last night I entered pattern mode-selected 50
press mixing - copy rb template
press record - in setup - type(replace)Loop(off)Quantize(off)
recarp(on)
arp tab ctgr(drpo) type(057 new r&b2b) part switch(on)
Hold (on) select tract 2 whitch are drums and press play wait for the 5th beat and press the keyboard key
is there something I’m doing wrong? I could understand if i was hitting the keys a little late to start the arpegio but I hitting them right on.
Is there a better way to record these arps for a smooth transition to repeat of the same section
thank you BJ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2008 @ 04:57 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Recording Drum Arps in Pattern Mode on mo6

Missing from your post are the following items:
1) Did you remember to turn the ARPEGGIO ON/OFF button to off after you have recorded the arpeggio output to the track? If not the note data on the track will start to trigger the arpeggiator.
2) Did you look at the EVENT LIST after recording to find out if indeed it is an actual double note event? - in which case you can analyze why it happening or simply remove it. Causes could be a MIDI connection looping data back to the sequencer; or a note near the end of the last measure is repeated as the first event cycles around.
3) You don’t mention the time signature are we to assume it is 4/4? If so what is the “5th beat” you mention?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2008 @ 06:36 PM
BJ
Joined  04-05-2007

1)YES THE ARP LIGHT IS OFF
2)I DONT KNOW WHAT A EVENT LIST IS SO IT WILL TAKE ME SOME STUDY TO FIND THAT OUT / HOWEVER I HAVE NEVER USED MIDI SO UNLIKELY / COULD IT BE IF THE DRUM ARP IS PREPROGRAMED CYCLE THROUGH FOR 2 MEASURES IN LEANGTH AND I USE IT FOR 4 MEASURES ?? I WILL WORK WITH THAT AND SEE
I HAVE NOTICED SUCCESS AT SETTING THE RECORDING FOR 16 MEASURES RECORDING THE DRUM ARP AND THEN AFTERWORD SET IT BACK DOWN TO 4 MEASURES AND ON PLAY BACK THE PROBLEM IS ELIMANATED UNLESS I LET IT CYCLE 4TIMES OR 16 MEASURES THEN I HEAR IT AGAIN.
MY APOLIGIES IF MY USE OF TERMINOLOGY CONFUSES ANYBODY I KNOW I NEED TO STUDY THE MANUEL AND LEARN THE LINGO
THANK YOU BJ
PS AFTER STUDY OF THE MANUEL I SEE THAT I CAN USE THE PATCH FUNTION TO RECORD THE ARPS I GUESS THIS IS BETTER THAN TRYING TO SELECT AND RECORD ARPS THE WAY I HAVE BEEN ACCOUSTOMED

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2008 @ 06:20 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

“All Caps” is Internet signature for shouting. You don’t “have to” shout.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2009 @ 04:11 PM
BJ
Joined  04-05-2007

THANK YOU
oops thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Hurry! Need help before a gig tonight!
Next Topic:

Yamaha FC4 foot controller? ››