mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase VST 5.0"

Posted on: September 04, 2002 @ 11:53 AM
Rovos
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-01-2002

Hi Guy’s,

I’m having troubles with midi. I can’t record any midi data via the USB cable. In MME Inputs i’ve selected Yamaha USB 01.
And also for MME output Yamaha USB 01. The VU meters in Cubase react, but no midi dat has been recorded. I’m using a Fujitsu-Siemens 2.4 Ghz / Cubase 32 VST 5.0 / Win ME / RME Digi96-8 PST Digital soundcard (no midi on card).

Help,...,....,.....

Cheers,

Robby

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2002 @ 12:45 PM
Anton
Total Posts:  169
Joined  08-26-2002

Re: Cubase VST 5.0

I’m not sure because you say thevVu-meters reacts, but did you enable the Usb Midi In/Out on your Motif? (-utility)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2002 @ 06:49 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Hey Rovos -

I was going to bed, but I saw your post, and I remember how you’ve helped me out in the past, so maybe this will help you a bit. If not, sorry!

I figure you’ve got your output from Mo set to USB if you’ve got your red IN light flashing on the Cubase transport bar.

One other thing to check is that you have a USB input checked (USB 0-1 in your case) in the MIDI input. To double check this, go to the Cubase arrange window, navigate to OPTIONS/MIDI SETUP/SYSTEM. Open the “INPUT FROM” dialog. Make sure your input (USB 0-1) is not only present, but it has a check mark next to it! When you close the dialog, open it and confirm that it has stayed checked. The way the dialog works, sometimes it seems that even looking at it unchecks it (the digital equivalent of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, er.. perhaps). This has kept me from recording MIDI in the past, even with the right settings in the Mo.

Finally, after you click on the track in the Cubase arrange window that you want to record to (making it dark grey), make sure that you have set up the “Instrument” dialog and “Patchname” dialog. You’ll need a patchscript for Mo to Cubase for the latter, there’s one in the archived Steinberg Motiforum (look for author Johann).

Good luck, and write back here if still no go.

Louder than Good

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2002 @ 09:45 PM
Rovos
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-01-2002

Hi Anton (Dutch?) and Louder,

Thnx for the assist Guy’s but I already checked these settings.
I have installed my “Ghost” backup and everything seems to be okay now.

Again thanx for all the help !!!! (Keep up the good work Dude’s).

Robert

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2002 @ 06:28 AM
Anton
Total Posts:  169
Joined  08-26-2002

Yes

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ lost effects...
Next Topic: