mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Tascam us-144 making noises?"

Posted on: May 19, 2008 @ 01:33 PM
hdreamer
Total Posts:  221
Joined  12-30-2007

I recently bought Tascam US-144 and connected it with Motif7. I have 1GHZ, 256 RAM and USB 1.1 (I should soon get newer PC). The problem is when I connect all three together (Tascam to PC via USB), out of my monitors some noise starts. I hear what I play and I can record it in Cubase LE but there is a constant noise.
I connected Tascam to another PC with 2.0 USB and there is no noise. So, it looks like that problem comes from USB 1.1. But, it says that it should work with USB 1.1.
Does anyone knows what might be the problem?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2008 @ 10:00 AM
hdreamer
Joined  12-30-2007

Re: Tascam us-144 making noises?

I found that when I unplug power cable from my laptop the noise disappears!! Everything is great! Its called something like ground looping and the best solution is direct box! But I am interested if there is any other simpler solution because in less than a month I should get a new PC and its not worth to me buying something that I will use for a very short time. New PC will have USB 2.0 and there should be no problem.
Is there any quick and easy solution? Or should I wait for a new PC?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2008 @ 06:14 AM
hdreamer
Joined  12-30-2007

I got a new laptop (very happy for that) but the problem continues. When I connect all my gear (tascam us-144, motif7, toshiba a300) I still hear constant buzz, noise coming from my speakers and headphones. When I unplug laptop the noise disappears and everything works fine.
What are your experiences? Do you have this problem? Does this problem is often?
Is there any easy solving solution?
Thank You!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2008 @ 06:34 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The buzz noise you hear is a grounding (earth) issue. You will need to consult a qualified electrician in your part of the world for a solution.

Typically solutions can be simple but vary based on the part of the world you are in and the different voltages involved. There is a differential in voltage between items. the result is a buzzing noise in the system. One product is not the cause it is a differential that exists *between* products when they are all connected together. 

Sometimes the solution is as simple as a direct box with a ground lift switch. But do consult an electrician in your area - it is well worth it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2008 @ 01:15 PM
hdreamer
Joined  12-30-2007

Well, I think I have found the solution - easy and cheap..  /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
I found out that when I add to plug some additional plugs - problem disappears. No more noises, hums etc… No more ground looping!!
I’ll go to some electrician to make sure that it’s OK. But /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= it looks fine.
I have some pictures attached so you can see the solution to ground looping! These additional plugs that you see on the pictures are the one that I had at my home. I will buy some other plugs so I don’t need 3 of them…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2008 @ 12:27 PM
SIXXDOGG
Total Posts:  132
Joined  11-11-2003

I have a H&H V800 power amp that I had to cut the ground on to make that same HUM go away....

Fav amp I have ever owned....

Nick

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150 AN with Motif Rack ES - Performance help
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››