mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Another Cubase LE issue: instrument definitions"

Posted on: May 18, 2008 @ 11:07 AM
fdomm6
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-18-2008

Hi everyone!

I just bought a MM6 and it rocks.  It sounds better than Roland GW-7 but sequencer is very limited.  Therefore I have to use that way-too-complicated Cubase LE DAW.  But I have difficulties assigning instruments to the tracks.  I went all the way through the 21 MM6 forum pages and I want to thank you all for the help in the definition files (txt and xml) and now I can get sound from my MM6, soundcard, audio monitor, etc.  But I did some sequences (drum, bass, strings), saved as Cubase files, played several times, unloaded and then loaded again Cubase, and everything worked just fine. But when I ran Cubase next day and loaded the file all the tracks sounded like pianos!!!  So, they were assigned to the first GM instrument, instead.  An now I can’t get those tracks to sound like the original MM6 instruments.

1) How can I assign directly the instruments from MM6 (I have MM6 device installed) in Cubase?
2) What is the MM6.txt file real function? I put it in the program files instead of the documents and settings folder because that was the real location of the Patches names folder, but only the xml file really worked.
3) Does Cubase keep the instruments’ names of the MM6 (and its quality) rather than the GM names when I save them as Cubase or SMF?

Thank you all and keep it rolling!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2008 @ 01:32 PM
fdomm6
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-18-2008

Re: Another Cubase LE issue: instrument definitions

Well,

thank you anyway.  I have found a solution and now the instruments work ok in both Cubase and MM6, even when I save it as SMF.

Bye

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MM6 Doesn’t show up on CuBase
Next Topic:

Voice stealing ››