mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150 AN with Motif Rack ES - Performance help"

Posted on: May 18, 2008 @ 06:30 AM
Leigh B
Total Posts:  213
Joined  02-04-2005

Hi guys, long time no see… /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

I’m creating a performance on the Rack ES with several sounds, including one from the PLG150 AN.  However, I am wondering if there is any way of adjusting the EQ on the plug in part?  As it stands, on the EQ section, there is nothing that can be adjusted.  However, on the Master EQ (under ‘Common Edit’), the EQ on this affects the sound comming from the 150 AN, so I’m guessing there at least should be a way of tweaking the EQ of the AN card.  It’s a shame, as I need to fatten up the sound, and the only way to do this is to undermine the EQ on the rest of the parts.  However, this will lead to a Performance much weaker than the rest on the rack which presents issues for Live playing /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=

Cheers guys /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2008 @ 08:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: PLG150 AN with Motif Rack ES - Performance help

The PLG150-AN has its own EQ. Native to the PLG board itself. Are you working with Studio Manager and the Motif-Rack ES Voice Editor?

If yes, you have access to a 3-band EQ that you can select “Low Freq”, “Mid Freq”, “Hi Freq” and control MID FREQ Resonance, and of course, boost or cut the 3-frequency bands… then simply use it to edit your PLG150-AN Voice, STORE it to a PLG_USR location, then place that PLG_USR Voice in your PERFORMANCE.

If not, then you will need to Edit the Voice in VOICE mode from the front panel of the Motif Rack ES>

Call up the PLG150-AN VOICE you want to work with in VOICE mode.
Press [EDIT]
Press the PART 1/5/9/13 button to select ELEMENT parameters
PAGE [>] to the EQ screen
You have access to two of the bands of the EQ (Low Freq/High Freq; Low Gain/High Gain) for each PLG150-AN Voice.
Store you edited Voice to a PLG_USR location then use that Voice in your Performance. 

You may want to check out a Power User tutorial on the PLG150-AN and its Editor (there are even example Voices for the PLG150-AN and for the Motif-Rack ES). It discusses getting to the parameters found native to the PLG150-AN - you will find this and more in the Behind the Manual section of this site under the “RACKS>“ link at the top of this page....

Motif-Rack ES and the PLG150-AN

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2008 @ 01:04 PM
Leigh B
Total Posts:  213
Joined  02-04-2005

Re: PLG150 AN with Motif Rack ES - Performance hel

Thank you very much Bad Mister! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Ahh, I see, so edit the voice first, then use said edited voice within the performance.

I take it you cannot edit the EQ parameter direct through the Rack ES’ performance edit… (Not using computer but the Rack’s interface)? Nevermind, I’ll do it how you’ve described /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

Thanks again!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2008 @ 04:41 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: PLG150 AN with Motif Rack ES - Performance hel

The ES series allows you to apply an EQ to each Element - but in order to do so you must be in VOICE Edit. The PLG150-AN is treated as a VOICE ELEMENT for intents and purposes - it is a single Element Voice (even though it is an external synthesizer). Access to its EQ is done at the Element level with the VOICE edit.

Hope it helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG Plugboard Stickers
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››