mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "zones / how to program my motif-nord lead setup?"

Posted on: May 10, 2008 @ 04:12 PM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello,

I am trying to achieve this : in performance mode,I want to have 3 layers from motif,and one from nord rack 2.I want motif to send program change,and to layer sounds from nl.

How to do this?I need page when I can choose MSB and LSB (if I recall correctly).And how to set zone for my nord lead on motif?

Also,I want to use motif effects on nord lead.How to route this?

What do you suggesting as best way to do this?Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2008 @ 06:56 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: zones / how to program my motif-nord lead setup?

I am trying to achieve this : in performance mode,I want to have 3 layers from motif,and one from nord rack 2.I want motif to send program change,and to layer sounds from nl.

Create a PERFORMANCE in the Motif XS containing the Voices you want to play sounding in the XS. Associate that PERFORMANCE with a MASTER program. Set ZONE 1 to play the internal Motif XS, and Set ZONE 2 to send externally to the other synth.

How to do this?I need page when I can choose MSB and LSB (if I recall correctly).And how to set zone for my nord lead on motif?

Please see the Power User document Understanding Master Mode You will only need to send MSB and LSB information to the external synth - simply setup ZONE 2 to address it.

Also,I want to use motif effects on nord lead.How to route this?

Plug your 1/4” output cables into the AD INPUT on the Motif XS. The signal will now be referred to as the AD INPUT in the Motif XS. You can assign it its own Dual Insertion Effects within the PERFORMANCE and you can use the Reverb and Chorus processors shared by the internal PARTS.

Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F4] AUDIO IN
Press [SF1] OUTPUT
Here you can assign the MONO/STEREO (input) as required to match the type of signal coming from your external synth. You can also route the signal to the main L&R output or to the Assignable Output jacks (asL&R), if you wish to keep it separate.
You can add Reverb and Chorus Send amounts (which will be heard only through the main L&R outputs). If you select the asL&R, then the Reverb and Chorus will not be included in that signal

Press [SF2] CONNECT
Here you can assign any two INSERTION EFFECTS to the external input signal and then EDIT those effects via [SF3], and [SF4] INS A and B respectively.
If you route the AD INPUT to the Insertion Effects this will be routed to the either the main L&R or to the assignable outputs (asL&R)

Hope that helps. If you get stuck post back here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2008 @ 02:11 PM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Great,evetything works like a charm,big thanks to you.

Just one question : I set up my utility to be KEYBOARD TRANSMIT CHANNEL to OFF(I read that in understanding master mode,this disables communication between lead and motif when motif is not in master mode),and then I must set it to 1 when working in cubase.

Is there “smarter” way to disconnect midi transfer between motif and nord lead when not using lead layers?Will ordinary change in midi channels work?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2008 @ 02:55 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When controlling an external keyboard (like your Nord) in a live situation it would be wise to set the Keyboard Transmit Channel to OFF… this would allow you to “disconnect” from it anytime you leave Master mode. But while you are in Master mode, of course, the Master program determines on what MIDI channel(s) you are transmitting.

If you are working with software, like Cubase, obviously you need the keyboard to transmit to the computer. That is a different scenario then setup for “live”.

If you are in MASTER mode and do not want to transmit to the Nord, then simply do not active the ZONE that you setup to control it. Each MASTER is individually programmable. So if you don’t want the Nord to sound simply leave ZONE 2, for example set NOT to transmit Externally. Easy.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ newbies second question-Loading .vst
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››