mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I move my Motif ES patterns/songs to SONAR7"

Posted on: May 07, 2008 @ 10:28 PM
micaofboca
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-28-2004

I’m expanding my Motif ES sequencer and just bought a DAW so I can use SONAR7 (for expanded sequencing) and KONTAKT3 (for more sounds).  I’m using an Edirol FA-66 as a sound card to get audio, which is equivalent to the same module that comes boxed in Sonar’s Power Studio 660.  Over the past year I’ve been without a computer so I’ve just written and recorded all my sequences as patterns and songs on my Motif ES and saved them on USB flashsticks.  Now I want to record them into SONAR as Midi tracks, and do most of my mixing and mastering inside the computer with software, and then record them as audio in SONAR and off to Track-at-Once burning in Wavelab.  I just need to know how to easily transfer those sequences from my USB flashsticks and to record all my previously recorded Motif tracks into SONAR.  Even if you could just direct me to where I can read instructions to achieve this task of transferral of midi data from Motif to Sonar.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2008 @ 06:13 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

Re: How do I move my Motif ES patterns/songs to SONAR7

The easiest way to transfer songs is to save them as MIDI files on the USB stick and then read them into Sonar.  Patterns work the same way except you may need to create a pattern chain, convert it to a song, and then save the song as a MIDI file.  That’s how I do it.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Process menu items grayed out
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››