mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Instrument Definitions for KONTAKT 3"

Posted on: April 30, 2008 @ 03:26 PM
micaofboca
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-28-2004

I’ve been successfully using the entire list of MOTIF ES’s instrument definitions I entered into SONAR 7 to instantly access every single one of the fairly large library of sounds that MOTIF ES contains within its architecture.  However KONTAKT 3 has 33 GB’s of sounds, an immensely larger list than those of MOTIF ES.  Is it possible to assign instrument defs. for EVERY instrument in KONTAKT 3?  Is it possible to even enter a partial list of KONTAKT 3’s sounds in SONAR 7?  I know this is a Motif forum, but hey, this is a legitimate question that’s inclusive within the subcategory of Sonar, and Motifator.com has been for me the best place to get really professional answers rather than some of the less informed users’ replies I laughably get at many other forums.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2008 @ 01:49 PM
micaofboca
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-28-2004

No reply

Can anyone help me expand my instrument definitions in Sonar to accomodate KONTAKT 3’s immense library?  It’s so much easier accessing instrument samples quickly when they’re assigned instrument definitions, and I’ve been accessing MOTIF’s fabulous sounds this way, as well as Kurzweil and older Ensoniq ASR-10 voices.  But Kontakt is so much more immense, and I’m having trouble researching an answer to this question, even in Cakewalk forums.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2008 @ 09:28 PM
ipgrunt
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-07-2006

Re: No reply

Off hand, I don’t believe you can create an instrument file for softsynths, as the instrument file uses bank select mechanisms for loading individual patches.

There are third party programs available to help manage your patches for various softsynths (Kore 2 comes to mind for NI instruments. Wusik’s VM is another program that works with FXP, FXB files, among others).

I also have a suspicion that Cakewalk might be adding this feature to the next version of Sonar, as there have been many requests for it on their forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sonar and ES6 Help me mister wizard!
Next Topic:

Studio Connections and Sonar setup ››