mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "volume changes with motif es"

Posted on: April 22, 2008 @ 07:33 PM
jexzac
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-07-2004

i have my aw1600 and mo es connected .  when i try to make volume changes on the es, these changes never become permanant. once i stop and start the song/pattern chain over, the previous volume setting take over. any help to this frustrating problem will be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2008 @ 02:51 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: volume changes with motif es

Of course the volume returns to the initial condition - because in reality that is exactly what you want to happen. In other words the Motif ES is designed (on purpose) so that the initial volume setting that you stored with the SONG or PATTERN is automatically recalled when you start the SONG or PATTERN.

How really annoying it would be if it did not automatically remember where your initial volumes where set? Imagine having to reset the mix every single time you went back to the top.

Now that would be really frustrating. What is frustrating you is not having the information on how to make the Volume change permanent. Well it IS PERMANENT...!!! And like I said initially that is exactly what you want to happen.... make the volume permanent.

Here’s how it memorizes your volume:
When you initially recorded the Track (in SONG or PATTERN mode) one of the many things that the Motif ES memorizes is the currently set VOLUME setting. This information is kept in a place called a “header” - it is information that is read when the Song or Pattern is recalled. For the SONG you simply STORE you setting. For the PATTERN phrase you must write the data to the Phrase header (explained below).

So updating this information is really easy (and once you know about this, trust me it will cease to be frustrating):

For PATTERN mode:
Press [RECORD]
You will be shown the Record Setup screen
Press [F2] VOICE
Here you will see the information that is memorized with the Track’s Phrase.
Set the VOLUME to the setting you want memorized.
Press [STOP]
Done!

For SONG mode
Press [MIXING]
Press [F1] to view Volume/Pan
Using the CS associated with the Track set the Volume to the value you want memorized
Press [STORE] to update your MIX
Done!

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Undo
Next Topic:

mLan13e as a soundcard for MOTIF ES ››