mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MegaVoices ?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: April 19, 2008 @ 12:49 AM
Doon
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-19-2008

Hi

I’m pretty new to the MM6, and I heard that there is MegaVoices in the machine ? Does anyone have a list of these ? ‘Cuz there are none on the internet I think /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2008 @ 06:08 AM
Cygnus64
Total Posts:  163
Joined  02-27-2007

Re: MegaVoices ?

[url=http://www.motifator.com/mm6/mm6_en_om.pdf]http://www.motifator.com/mm6/mm6_en_om.pdf [/url]

Look at page 86 or so, it lists all the patches on the MM6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2008 @ 04:22 AM
Doon
Joined  04-19-2008

Well, i have the keyboard, and I have the manual.
The list in the manual, and in the link you gave me, is just a list of the voices in the keyboard. I would like to know, which sounds that is MegaVoices. :/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2008 @ 05:58 AM
squeak_D
Joined  09-24-2005

The answer to your question (as stated by another member) starts on page 86.  There is no separate list for the Megavoices.  The Megavoices are included within the full voice list.  If you want to know which are Mega, take a highliter..., go through the voice list and highlite those voices.

Squeak

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2008 @ 12:11 PM
Doon
Joined  04-19-2008

So, none of you knows some MegaVoices in the MM6?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2008 @ 12:31 PM
squeak_D
Joined  09-24-2005

You can’t be serious.  You stated that you have the keyboard and you have the manual and you’re asking the forum what the mega voices are when the keyboard is in your hands as well as the manual????  I’ll give you one of them.., Mega Clean Guitar.  There are several more and the answer is right in front of you.  I mean no disrespect, but if you have the keyboard and manual you can find this info.  We’ve already stated page 86.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2008 @ 12:48 PM
Doon
Joined  04-19-2008

Well, I just thought it would be nice with a list of ‘em. I know I can find them myself, all I asked for was if someone had a link to a list of them or something. And I don’t really see how page 86 comes into use ? It says nothing about MegaVoices, it’s just a Voice List

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2008 @ 01:13 PM
squeak_D
Joined  09-24-2005

You’re not getting it man.  The Mega Voices are listed within the voice list (such as what you find on page 86).  You have to look at the voice list in the manual.  It’s not hard, I just think your request is a little much considering you own the keyboard and have the manaul.  You already have the answer, just LOOK.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2008 @ 07:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It’s page 85 but what you need to know what makes a Voice “mega” is how it responds to velocity and what additional samples are included in it. It is used to give (principally) guitar sounds in the MM6 a bit more natural behavior.

Don’t get stuck on the Mega Voice terminology… A few of the arpeggios that were imported from the Motif ES use Mega Voice Guitars… to add knocks and finger zings, etc. If you want to see Mega Voice technology in its full glory you need to move up to a MO, Motif ES, Motif XS, Tyros, PSR500/700/900, etc. 

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/400372-Voice%20List.JPG

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2008 @ 01:02 PM
Doon
Joined  04-19-2008

Oh, now I get it. The MegaVoices are the ones with ‘’Mega’’ in front of their names ?? If so, the only MegaVoices in the MM6 is Mega Steel Guitar, Mega Clean Guitar and Mega Overdrive gt.

So there are not any other sounds ?
And if there are, are there any non-guitar MegaVoices?

Thanks for the help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2008 @ 02:15 PM
Cygnus64
Total Posts:  163
Joined  02-27-2007

Some of the more interesting patches have the words “cool”, “sweet” and “live”. Cool usually has some sort of velocity/timbre switch, as does sweet. Live means that it is in stereo I believe.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2008 @ 09:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Correct.

Cool! = Voice with velocity swaps (like an electric piano with bark)
Live! = a Voice sampled in true stereo
Sweet! = a Voice sampled with the natural vibrato of the musician.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2008 @ 06:09 AM
martin-cro
Joined  03-08-2006

Doon,

What would You use MegaVoices on MM6 for?

There is not much sense playing them live. They are intended for arps and patterns only, because it would be very hard to play the keys at the proper velocities to hear specific sound.

Even on the PSR-3000 there are only Mega Guitar and Bass voices, only Tyros includes some other instruments with MegaVoice, but still, it’s for styles only (on PSR and Tyros). Only SuperArticulation voices are meant to be played, but there are none on MM6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2008 @ 06:45 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Exactly… it is difficult enough for a human to trigger notes evenly - no less attempting to play MegaVoices- as correctly pointed out they are designed to be played by a predetemined note arrangement (either arpeggios or a Style) because in some cases there are as many as 8 velocity swaps - sometimes the mapping is done across the keyboard - either way the data to trigger these Voices is pre-detemined and stored in an arpeggio or in a style.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2008 @ 07:58 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

Pardon my ignorance, but I have never heard the term “velocity swap” before. Does this refer to different elements being called up depending on the velocity of the keying?

Thanks,

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2008 @ 11:04 AM
squeak_D
Joined  09-24-2005

Yes, velocity switching triggers a different sample once you hit the preset velocity limit for the patch.  Velocity switching has been used for years now.  It plays a big role in the Mega Voices, and numerous other patches.  Good example, take a bass guitar that plays a fingered bass sound during normal play, but switches to a slap bass when you hit the key harder.  That’s velocity switching.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ split problem
Next Topic:

MM6 and Motif Rack ES midi setup problem? ››